Background is transparent and can`t be changed

14 years 5 months ago #114165 by masteruser
Hi I have been surfing around for quite a while (round about 24 hours during the last couple days) but didn`t find a real solution. So maybe someone can help me out. I have the following issue. Here is the basis upfront - the following installations were done:
- clean install of Joomla1.5.14
- clean install of CB 1.2.1
- Maintemplate of Joomla is JA_Purity
- Kunena Forum and connected to CB-Profile vie Kunena config
- UDDE-IM 1.9
- Eventlist.
Here is what is happening and I saw a lot of threads facing the same situation but they were locked down as solved without a proper solution given. Okay the situation that happens is that "Tooltip Background" functions just fine allover the whole site. But when it comes to the Profile "Connection"-Tab at the bottom of the standard CB theme then the mouse over is showing up with a transparent background no matter what is given as value in each template.css for .cb-tips-fg , *.*bg etc. Also when it comes to the upper tab where you can start a new connection to someone in the community the form field starts and works fine but with transparent background. And last when you do a regular mouseover in the CB-Profile Editor only at the (i) button the popup comes up with a transparent background. Since I really surfed around the web to hopfully find a solution on this I ended up opening this thread. It would be great if someone could give me a hint where else I can have a look to solve this transparent background problem. What I want is to have the background appear with a colour of my choice instead of beeing transparent.

Looking forward hearing from you

Post edited by: masteruser, at: 2009/10/15 16:42
The topic has been locked.
14 years 5 months ago #114218 by masteruser
Replied by masteruser on topic Re:Background is transparent and can`t be changed
aha seems alike nobody else has this situation - so I am home alone and maybe should move over to JomSocial - they seem to me alike more fresh and fast. So I think the master of this forum can lock this thread as solved just alike the others before - instead of just solving this problem. Well I didn`t expect a full solution which comes in handy - nop just a hint would have been nice - but to say nothing is more tha a word can say.
So come on fight for your history of CB the only Social Community System out there - or was your slogan somewhat different.
:evil:
14 years 5 months ago #114221 by Rapunzl
Bumping threads is not allowed. We try to get to each and every thread, but unfortunately, paying jobs, families, friends and other things distract us enough to let a few slip by.

Since your thread was less than 24 hours old when bumped, that probably isn't true in this case. If it had been a couple days or more between posts, I would attempt to find someone who had an answer for you, but you haven't even allowed them the chance to respond. People do sleep sometimes, for some odd reason.
:huh:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction
14 years 5 months ago #114225 by masteruser
Replied by masteruser on topic Re:Background is transparent and can`t be changed
ahha - so you know there is a major bug in CB1.2.1 and it is stated clear that you argue on personal reasons instead of taking care about the code - maybe that is why ya lost the position you had great in - which was No1 in social communities of Joomla - but well of course you have to feed the children while we have to look where we can find food. Anyway I am not here to bump around - as said I have been looking close to all threads considering this major problem. Well you said you have to look around while finding someone who might know the answer. Well this is the internet and there are no 24 / 7 - time is absolute. And you still don`t have a clue whom to ask. Hmm that gives me a way of thinking what you call stable. I read a lot of comments where you were just blaming people who were asking for a solution. Well that might explain my anger. I don`t accept days for waiting for a simple solution that it might be once it comes to a final STABLE release. What the hack ya call stable is totaly not right - and by the way I have to feed animals only - well just to bad that they come upfront our food chain.

So finaly after all that bullshit - do you close this thread down or give us all an answer or do you go on taking money for nothing and chips for free - this makes me think during what I experienced when I read thru your chaotic forum?

Looking forward hearing from you and seeing this thread beeing closed for nothing. Well just say it out loud - this is a major bug ya made - that is that easy.

Post edited by: masteruser, at: 2009/10/16 02:36
14 years 5 months ago #114249 by nant
As Jamie stated - this is a community operated forum - community reads and responds when / if they can.

Regarding your comment, this is a major bug - well one would really have to investigate deeper to reach your conclusion.

Feel free to purchase any commercial script you want - you are entitled to it.

What you are not entitled to is to be impolite and harse - you will find that such an attitude is not tolerated on any humanly operated environment - good luck with your commercial component.

I am locking this thread until the CB Team has time to really investigate this case and respond - I am not locking it because of your language and remarks and I am not editing them at all (something you will certainly see - if you continue your tone - will not be the case on other forums.
14 years 5 months ago #114304 by krileon
Appears to be a non-issues, all 4 demo sites do not represent such a symptom. Nor was I able to duplicate on live and local test sites. It's possible you have a conflict or you're using a CB template that does not have the appropriate CSS.

You can find the demo sites to the left in the Templates module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn