Tooltip Overlay is transparent

14 years 5 months ago #114349 by masteruser
Tooltip Overlay is transparent was created by masteruser
well since it is not possible to answer the old thread I need to open a new one. Well I have the JA_Purity template installed. Well I also installed now a couple others and heya what a surprise - the problem stays the same - no matter what template I install. I went with firebug thru all CSS files I have loaded - and well I didn`t find a solution. Everything in the CSS is right. There is no transparency given at any overlib or tooltip command. The funny thing it happens in the tab box of CB only that these overlib tooltips appear with a transparent background. So just to make me shut up - please don`t close this thread without an answer. All I need to know if this is a known bug to you developers of CB or if I need to keep on searching while I allready searched thru everything and believe me I am a Joomla Pro - so everything means everything possible. But still I can be wrong or have overseen something. So tell me what is the deal with this transparent tooltip css overlib etc ... thing. I mean it is unbelievable that you didn`t experience something alike this - I also did a total new install and checked it after every step. Well just after I installed CB - this problem appeared allready. So it doesn`t have to do with any plug or other components. It must be something with CB 12.
Let me know what ya think before closing this thread down again without an answer. Would be nice if you would go an unusal way this time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114362 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Tooltip Overlay is transparent
masteruser wrote:

well since it is not possible to answer the old thread I need to open a new one. Well I have the JA_Purity template installed. Well I also installed now a couple others and heya what a surprise - the problem stays the same - no matter what template I install. I went with firebug thru all CSS files I have loaded - and well I didn`t find a solution. Everything in the CSS is right. There is no transparency given at any overlib or tooltip command. The funny thing it happens in the tab box of CB only that these overlib tooltips appear with a transparent background. So just to make me shut up - please don`t close this thread without an answer. All I need to know if this is a known bug to you developers of CB or if I need to keep on searching while I allready searched thru everything and believe me I am a Joomla Pro - so everything means everything possible. But still I can be wrong or have overseen something. So tell me what is the deal with this transparent tooltip css overlib etc ... thing. I mean it is unbelievable that you didn`t experience something alike this - I also did a total new install and checked it after every step. Well just after I installed CB - this problem appeared allready. So it doesn`t have to do with any plug or other components. It must be something with CB 12.
Let me know what ya think before closing this thread down again without an answer. Would be nice if you would go an unusal way this time.

Works fine for me with CB 1.2.1 (*latest*), just tested. Also works for most joomlapolitans for sure, we would have heard many complaints if that background would be broken.

Something in your installation must be broken, either joomla or other extensions. Also make sure to have CB 1.2.1 (latest!).

Try installing fresh e.g. into a subdomain or subfolder just Joomla and CB, and you should see that it works (if installs are right).

Otherwise, please provide needed information to reproduce *your* installation including exact browser type and version (see any CB Team signature).

P.s. Please be polite and curtious when posting (see our forum rules and agreement at registration for details). CB Team just agreed to not reply to any other of your post which is not strictly correct in language, affirmations and behavior. You may receive other replies from the community, but your tone and style will have a big influence on if and when you receive any reply.

P.s.2. Your previous posts got all replied within few days, which is clearly different of what you are telling here.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 5 months ago #114388 by masteruser
Replied by masteruser on topic Re:Tooltip Overlay is transparent
Yep I have CB 1.2.1 where this thing happens. I am working with all browsers available. It appears to be alike this in every browser. As far as I saw there were allready a couple threads in this forum concerning this transparent situation. Usually the answer is - check the CSS for tooltip overlay and change the background color to something different than white. Well I did that too. And this is where the deep digging begins. I asume that it must have something to do with the comprofiler.html.php - I just don`t see where the code is for the bottom tab-box. It only happens there and only when you mouseover an avatar pic. Once you go to the edit your connections - the popup tooltip mouseover box opens just fine with the colors given in the CSS. And the second area where this only happens is on the upper menu of CB where you can make a new connection. The form field that opens up - is working but it has a transparent background so it is not easy for somebody to read the text fields et ... Since it is only in there and popup overlays work fine everywhere else - I have no clue from what it could come from. So maybe you can tell me where to look in the comprofiler.html.php or elsewhere. As said in my thread before - I did a clean install allready a couple times. The Joomla version I use is 1.5.14 in legacy mode active.

14 years 5 months ago #114417 by masteruser
Okay the good message is I found out why this problem accurs. It comes up that CB pluginmanager is wide open and delivers the chance that any CSS included in a plugin will be able to overwrite the main template CSS or the CB CSS. So how can you solve it. Well just write a workaround. Download any Tooltip extension you find out there and that you like. Then go into the code of CB and delete every call for a tooltip. After that insert a call to your tooltip extension that you uploaded and installed to joomla. What will that do. Well it will give you a steady tooltip loading everywhere on your site incl. the tabbed areas of CB. The problem is that CB calls the Tooltip in different areas with different matters. So sometimes it gets overwritten by another class and sometimes not. This ends up in a total chaos. And it will lead you to where I was lead to an almost not understandable situation. What I suggest to the CB delvelpers is to include such a workaround into either the CB Pluginmanager with a tooltip plugin or to hardcode a tooltip popup into the CB code so that it prevents it from beeing overwritten. Both solutions would work fine and are more easy for you to do beacause you know your code best. It was a running the gauntlet for me to understand at least this thing in your codebase. But I am sure things alike that will come up when people want to use different plugins connected to CB. Anyway thank you for your blame for beeing felt stupid - and you can close this thread as solved by the user. :evil:

14 years 5 months ago #114418 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Tooltip Overlay is transparent
I didn't see anyone here saying you were stupid... only impolite and impatient. We appreciate your follow-up post letting us know what you did to resolve your specific issue, as it might help someone that searches for an answer to a similar situation.
:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 5 months ago #114423 by masteruser
wuuuhhaaaaa I have never been impolite and of course not impatient. Well if you think so then maybe your clock runs on a differnt speed than mine. Btw. I also have to feed kids and not only feed them also have to raise them up. And yep thru your post on my first thread and on how mister nant himselfe the godfather of the universe and code of CB - yes you have to accept this - you called me beeing stupid. Maybe you both don`t realize that beeing just not your way doesn`t mean that it is impolite. I am just a person who is goal orientated and who is used to fast and qualified responses. There is no hanging around and layed back feeling just because you offer a chaotic code for donation money. Still it is money you are asking for. just think about it. Anyway yap I hope my post gave you the right way of thinking because if it doesn`t happen on your testing server doesn`t mean nothing else can happen. Especially in open source communitys everything possible can happen. And well if you want to make something big you have to start by the detail and not by the design - hope you understand this time that I am not bothereing you nor I am b......shitting you. I am actually a so called wake up call for you all developers. The web never sleeps. So better you develope a plugin for this situation or you will get a lot of responses for this. (just look how many people allready checked my postes so far even though these are up for 5 days only). Well Good luck with your philosophie and say "Hi" to nant and this other guy whoms name I allready forgott - which makes me a bad guy for you of course. Whoooaaaaaaaa

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn