YaNC 2.0 beta 2 and CB 1.2 Integration

14 years 3 months ago #120782 by korneld
I posted about this issue a few days ago, and today I was surprised to learn that my post was simply deleted instead of being answered.

When I subscribed to CB (and YaNK), I was under the impression that these components worked well together, considering that you practically endorse YaNK by shipping CB with a plugin that's supposed to sycronize the two.

As it turns out, they never worked together. I am puzzled. Please provide me with documentation on this topic even if it means that I have to hack CB and/or YaNK. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #120790 by nant
korneld wrote:

I posted about this issue a few days ago, and today I was surprised to learn that my post was simply deleted instead of being answered.

You mean this post:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,77/id,120226/#120226

As you can see it was not deleted.
But it was not addressed...

When I subscribed to CB (and YaNK), I was under the impression that these components worked well together, considering that you practically endorse YaNK by shipping CB with a plugin that's supposed to sycronize the two.

When the Yanc plugin was released as part of CB, there was no other newsletter extension in existence and there was no Joomla 1.5 (we were still in Joomla 1.0 world).

As it turns out, they never worked together. I am puzzled. Please provide me with documentation on this topic even if it means that I have to hack CB and/or YaNK. Thanks.

At the moment, I do not believe that Yanc will work with Joomla 1.5. There are other newsletter extensions that will work and do have CB integration plugins released with them

Two come in mind: Acajoom and AcyMailing.

I am not endorsing either, both are good.

14 years 1 month ago #125351 by gdan
Can someone tell where I can download the Yanc plugin? I can't find it!

14 years 1 month ago #125515 by gdan
I think Yanc has been removed as a download. At extensions.joomla.org it says this about the extension YaNC
"Editor's note

This extension has been unpublished for the following reason:

* This extension using a non-GPL license (Learn more)."
See: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/172/details
At any rate I have moved on with the Acajoom instead. It's really good. In fact I have purchased the commercial version. See: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/content-sharing/newsletter/964

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn