Userlist only displays lines

15 years 1 month ago #90423 by jamesls
Userlist only displays lines was created by jamesls
I am setting up a new site and i am using J1.5.9 and CB 1.2 Stable everything is working fine except user lists.

When I set up a user list and navigate to it all I get is a bunch of lines. I have tried re-installing CB, turning off SH404, manually linking to the list.

Components being used that may effect this:

AEC
SOBI2 RC 2.9.1.0 (The core of my site)
SH404 1.0.19_Beta (Tried without but still not working)

tweettweet.me/view-users-list.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #90470 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Userlist only displays lines
Check to make sure you've properly built your list and also attempt to view the list with the default joomla template to see if issue is still present (done to eliminate possible JS conflicts). Try a fresh install as AEC is likely to be causing issues.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/03/03 16:53

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #90486 by jamesls
Replied by jamesls on topic Re:Userlist only displays lines
Ok I tried both standard Joomla templates and they both produced the same results, so it is not a Js issue. It is also not a SH404 issues as tried that.

Uninstalling and reinstalling AEC is not an option as I have users already signed up. Plus I have two test accounts that where created in the backend with no AEC involvement and they don't show up either.

I also tried just viewing the standard list without trying to load a created userlist and it still just has lines.

This is in both IE and FF.

15 years 1 month ago #90496 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Userlist only displays lines
AEC modifies core files of CB and Joomla. Unexpected results are bound to happen. Unfortunately with this kind of modification I can not properly diagnose the problem.

Attempt to install a fresh joomla and fresh CB on the same webhost as a subdomain. Then check to see if issue is still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #90549 by jamesls
Replied by jamesls on topic Re:Userlist only displays lines
I feeel silly now. I did not set up the userlist properly.

But at lease we now now that AEC and SH404 work with userlists out of the box.

Thanks for the help

15 years 3 weeks ago #93127 by JankoWalski
Replied by JankoWalski on topic Re:Userlist only displays lines
By setting up the list properly, what do you mean?

I have the same problem, I followed the (outdated?) FAQ item www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/407/37/
and when I try to list a public, default, accessible to everybody, with public profiles, public menu item etc. list all I get is a problem similar to yours.

Similar, because oddly enough the value of a checkbox type field from _is_ displayed.

See attached image.

Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2, JoomFish 2.0.2.

Please, can anyone offer some input? This seeems to be a common issue judging by forum search..

Post edited by: JankoWalski, at: 2009/03/27 23:51

Post edited by: JankoWalski, at: 2009/03/28 00:08
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn