15 years 2 weeks ago #93633 by professorgl
CB1.2 Email Checker Issue was created by professorgl
Hello,

I am using Joomla! 1.5.9 in legacy mode
I am using PHP 5
I have CB 1.2 as a new install
I have sh404sef installed
I have Mike Simbunch's Profile URL installed

My users and I are having issues with the email checker in Firefox.

When users or I enter and email address and either tab or move to the next field the screen jumps to a blank screen and just stays there.

I have tested this issue with ajax email checker both on and off, and I still have the same issue in Firefox.

However, I have not seen the issue in I.E. but some users have reported to me that they are seeing the issue in I.E. 7 and Firefox. Further, this issue occurs both on the User registration end and the Admin side of new user registration.

The status bar just continues to spin in Firefox. The url displayed is

thecore4diet.com/administrator/index2.php

Everything else seems to be working fine except for this issue, and again, it is occurring whether I have the email checker on or off in CB 1.2

Thanks for your time and consideration.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Warm Regards,
R.E.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104122 by hivver
Replied by hivver on topic Re:CB1.2 Email Checker Issue
im having a similar issue, but it happends just when the ajax checkers are on, name or email checker. It sends to a blank page and cannot register.

ps: it was working well, but "suddenly" it stop working, it think it all started after i installed the cb gallery plugin (profilegallery) wich loads jquery or something, the ajax "cbwhatareyoudoing" plugin stop working so i got scared and uninstalled the profile gallery plugin, but the problem didn't got solved, and also i found this ajax checher's issue.

EDIT:
hey i've been searching for hours and nothing.

just found out that this issue is only in firefox,
in i.e. is working like charm!

i tried turning off everything and still :blink:
also tried the debug mode but there is only 1 thing wrong wich is a video plugin with an old cb api call or something, thats it, :unsure:

Post edited by: hivver, at: 2009/07/08 09:42

14 years 9 months ago #104128 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB1.2 Email Checker Issue
also try checking if there is any javascript error using:

getfirebug.com/

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 6 months ago #112070 by iiicarlos
Replied by iiicarlos on topic Re:CB1.2 Email Checker Issue
I have also the same problem.
In IE8 user registration is working fine. BUt for firefox fox I got Internal Server Error, though the forgot username/password works in fire fox.

Do anyone encountered this problem? how did you manage to troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Need help. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn