[SOLVED] Unnamed user Profile Page

14 years 11 months ago #95132 by wackmofo
[SOLVED] Unnamed user Profile Page was created by wackmofo
I have a problem. When I click on the Profile link in my User Menu, it says, I am Unnamed and it doesn't recognize my Username, as it is set in the Configuration.

How to fix this?

I tried with new registration and sync-ing.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/05 21:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95409 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Your name fields aren't setup properly. Use formatname field and pick the name display you want in CBs configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95947 by sahughston
Replied by sahughston on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Krileon,

That sounds good, but if you could provide a little more detail, I would really appreciate it. I (and MANY others) have this problem and it seems that the CB team hasn't officially produced a solution.

You have clearly solved the problem on your allmysocials.com site, so any help you can offer would be appreciated by many.

I've gone to Community Builder's configuration panel and in the General Tab, set the NameFormat field to Username Only, but I still get the same problem when viewing the user's profile. Everything is ok in the UsersOnline section, but it appears the problem is when viewing the User's Profile.

Any Help will be truly appreciated.

Deep Sea Diver

14 years 11 months ago #96190 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Example: Username as name display
Field management->
formatname: enabled, showing on profile
username: enabled

That should do the trick.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #96205 by wackmofo
Replied by wackmofo on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
Look at my configuration:

And my profile looks like this:

I'm wondering where's the problem for a week now, but still don't know. So developers, please help me :)

Post edited by: wackmofo, at: 2009/04/23 15:41

Post edited by: wackmofo, at: 2009/04/23 15:41

Post edited by: wackmofo, at: 2009/04/23 15:42

14 years 11 months ago #96496 by LuckyBlindy
Replied by LuckyBlindy on topic Re:Unnamed user Profile Page
I have the same problem and the strange thing is that under xxamp (localhost) I have no problems...

Any help is very welcome...

Grtz,
Martin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn