Menu Link to profile

15 years 4 days ago #95692 by sumbul
Menu Link to profile was created by sumbul
Maybe my question is trivial for most of you but i am totally lost!!!
I need to link one menu item directly to one profile.. without using external link. Is this possible and how to do it..
Thank you,
sumbul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 days ago #95812 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Menu Link to profile
Not possible, you will need to use an external link. J1.5 should append an itemid to it if needed. J1.0 you'll need to add this manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 hours ago #96468 by sumbul
Replied by sumbul on topic Re:Menu Link to profile
Thank you for your response..
I actually just saw it..
My problem with linking a profile to external link is that after selecting this user profile, the menu will collapse and the viewer will not know where he is. Even breadcrumbs does not help.
Do you have any idea on how to resolve this issue.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Sumbul

15 years 53 minutes ago #96482 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Menu Link to profile
Actually a good FR, writing it down:

Add option for user=id or user=name to Profile menu.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96506 by sumbul
Replied by sumbul on topic Re:Menu Link to profile
Hello.
Could you please elaborate more on your suggestion.
I am really new to CB and joomla in general.
Very thankful.
Sumbul

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn