Member List Search does not seem to work

14 years 11 months ago #96962 by Ivory
Hello,

I am using 1.2 CB.

I have created a user list.

One of the fields on the list is Company.

I have gone to field management and made sure that Company was searchable in the userlist.

I go to the user list. I click Search Users. I type in McDonald's which is one of the companies, I get no search results.

I have also tried to make First Name and Last Name searchable, but they don't even show up in the search options.

Something I am missing here? :blush:

Thanks.
Chel Ramsey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97119 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Member List Search does not seem to work
Ensure you're using the correct search type. Try using simple search "any" instead of simple search "is".

First name and last name may not be displaying if you have not set first name to display in this format. This can be set in community builders configuration.

Also keep in mind fields can only be searched IF they're displayed on profile. You can put them in a tab that is set in a hidden position and this will allow you to search them.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/04/29 20:13

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #97157 by Ivory
Thank you I was able to get it working. I appreciate the response. Your information pointed me in the right direction!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn