Content Elements & CB 1.2 Plugin

15 years 4 weeks ago #92864 by Former
Content Elements & CB 1.2 Plugin was created by Former
novajugoslavija.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=83&lang=en

I've been reading the forum for the past hour. I will try the CB 1.2 tutorial on making language plugins.

I would like to know, what is the content xml and how can it be installed? Is that the same as the CB language plugin?

I need to translate the link above as fast as possible. If anyone fill in some holes I have after an hour of research.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 weeks ago #92874 by kmilos
Replied by kmilos on topic Re:Content Elements & CB 1.2 Plugin
Former,

FYI, you can find finished language plugins for Serbian (both Latin and Cyrillic versions) in the Directory section:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,178/Itemid,55/

If I understand your question correctly, content elements are to do with JoomFish and are there to enable translation of content you added to the site database, not the components themselves as you want in this case for the CB.

HTH

Post edited by: kmilos, at: 2009/03/26 11:27

15 years 4 weeks ago #92895 by Former
Replied by Former on topic Re:Content Elements & CB 1.2 Plugin
Milos, that's great news about the premaid plugin. Now how would I tianslate custom registration fields?

15 years 4 weeks ago #92903 by kmilos
Ah, for custom fields you probably do need the JoomFish content element.

There used to be a package of several content elements for CB:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomfish/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=395

but it is probably outdated. For example, they say the filename of content elements for JoomFish 2.0.x on Joomla 1.5.x needs to be the same as the name of the corresponding database table, which might not be the case in this package.

You might get somewhere by tweaking those old content elements, I haven't tried myself. You should also check the JoomFish forum for others' experience with CB.

If you get it working, do let us know since I might be interested as well.

An alternative approach might be defining those custom fields using some new language constants, like _UE_MY_CUSTOM_FIELD... (see e.g. existing field definitions), and then adding and translating those in all the language files by hand.

Post edited by: kmilos, at: 2009/03/26 15:51

Post edited by: kmilos, at: 2009/03/26 15:55

15 years 4 weeks ago #93019 by Former
Replied by Former on topic Re:Content Elements & CB 1.2 Plugin
I downloaded the serbian plugin and I tried to install it through Joomla backend admin panel, but I received an error. Is there an installation manual?

15 years 4 weeks ago #93041 by kmilos
CB language plugins should be installed through CB's own plugin manager from the CB component admin menu, not through Joomla's main plugin manager.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn