Menu Assignment?

14 years 9 months ago #100509 by Berilac
Menu Assignment? was created by Berilac
Have been having a few issues regarding this template. Apon further investigation I think it relates to menus not being assigned?
If I select MyCommunity template from within template manager, under Menu Assignment it states:

Menus: Cannot assign default template

I have uninstalled and re-installed, made sure it is writeable and done the same to the dependant files aswell, mod_cbcontent and cbplug_mycommunity.

Is there anything else I could look at to remedy this?

Main page displays fine, but as soon as you click on any link the page displays very, well funny, not at all as it should.

I obviously have not set something somewheres?

Using, Joomla 1.5.10, CB 1.2.1 and all latest software as far as I know

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #100545 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Menu Assignment?
I think that's normal joomla 1.5 behavior :)

Happens to all templates which are set as default.

No reason to assign menus to default template as it's by default anyway...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #100590 by Berilac
Replied by Berilac on topic Re:Menu Assignment?
Ah ok, to start with it does display a list of menus in there. Oh well will have to have a look for something else that is causing the sub pages displaying as a long list of links down the middle of the screen.

Thx for the reply beat

14 years 9 months ago #100602 by Berilac
Um well I am at a loss, I cant figure out why this wont display properly????

Front page displays properly and when you login, but as soon as you navigate within the site it ends up looking like the attach file.

Any one any ideas as to where to look to remedy this. Or its a case of resorting to another template, which defeats the object really.

postrangersgolfsociety.org.uk/

Post edited by: Berilac, at: 2009/06/01 14:44

Post edited by: Berilac, at: 2009/06/01 14:48
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #100648 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Menu Assignment?
Berilac wrote:

Um well I am at a loss, I cant figure out why this wont display properly????

Front page displays properly and when you login, but as soon as you navigate within the site it ends up looking like the attach file.

Any one any ideas as to where to look to remedy this. Or its a case of resorting to another template, which defeats the object really.

postrangersgolfsociety.org.uk/

Post edited by: Berilac, at: 2009/06/01 14:44

Post edited by: Berilac, at: 2009/06/01 14:48

Looked at URL provided, and it's due to the joomla 1.5 SEF not being completly configured, or live_site configured instead of left empty in joomla 1.5 configuration.php file.

Did you activate it completely and rename the h t a c c e s s . t x t file to . h t a c c e s s ? (without the spaces)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #100725 by Berilac
Thx beat for the reply, have had a look in .htaccess and configuration.php and cant see anything out of place.
Have removed the live site entry in config.php but that just brings up a syntax error.
Have included a snippet of the the 2 files.

Post edited by: Berilac, at: 2009/06/02 17:55
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn