How to upgrade to J15template_mycommunity_1_1

14 years 7 months ago #109588 by ricky7622
I downloaded the new template 1.1 can someone tell me how to upgrade from 1.0

Thanx
Rich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109589 by Rapunzl
Backup your old installation from the server to make sure you preserve any changes to transfer to the new installation. Then, you can uninstall the old version and reinstall the new. You'll have to change your default to another template to uninstall. See how it looks and use your old backup as a reference to change the CSS to your liking unless you want to simply start fresh.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 7 months ago #109591 by ricky7622
Replied by ricky7622 on topic Re:How to upgrade to J15template_mycommunity_1_1
I am not sure how to uninstall the template along with the plugins added to cb community

14 years 7 months ago #109597 by trlbldr
OK, I'll ask the silly question:

Why?
  • You spend a fair amount of time configuring the original template; you cannot use that configuration with the "update."
  • You spend time reconfiguring the CSS page(s) to work with the design for your site; you have to do that over, too.

So, Why?

I'm really willing to go through this again, but I don't know what fixes there are that would compel me to undertake it with a working, unbroken site.

If my words seem either harsh or disgruntled, sorry. It's a one-dimensional communication medium. I'm just wondering. Thanks!

Don White

14 years 7 months ago #109701 by beat
Don,

No silly questions. :)

If you are happy with MyCommunity 1.0 there is no need to upgrade to 1.1, there are only further performance improvements on Joomla 1.5, and very very minor fixes, which are unnoticeable.

ricky7622,

Only the Joomla template changed, no need to upgrade CB template and module.

To upgrade (if you wish):
- copy-paste / write down params you had in the template settings
- select another template as default
- uninstall MyCommunity 1.0
- install MyCommunity 1.1
- select MyCommunity 1.1 as default
- set params like you had (and set the 2 new params in the way you wish them).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 7 months ago #110771 by ricky7622
Replied by ricky7622 on topic Re:How to upgrade to J15template_mycommunity_1_1
Thank you for your help Don

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn