Can I apply the template only to the profile page

13 years 9 months ago #135267 by bhatta.ashish@gmail.com
Can I apply the template only to the profile page was created by bhatta.ashish@gmail.com
Hi,
Yesterday i installed Community builder and designed a nice user profile. However, the profile looks kind of primitive with almost no styling. Is there any plugin or template that could be applied specifically to the CB profile page when the users log in?
I do not want to change the styling of my whole website since Community is only one small part of it. Therefore i need to ensure that the template/plugin is applicable only to the Profile page and NOT the whole website which uses a Yootheme template
I am ready to subscribe/buy the product if u have one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #135364 by krileon
You can use just the CB template plugin, but styling from your Joomla template will of course affect it. The template is meant to be used as a whole (Joomla and CB) and not particularly independent of one another. You can however do so, but can not guarantee you'll be satisfied with the results. MyCommunity was developed to be a "minimalist" template in which speed while not fully sacrificing appearance is taken into consideration. Perhaps Coolness template is more to your liking if you'd like more "flare" so to speak.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142813 by bhenley50
that was my whole purpose for purchasing the CB My Community template, for the profile. It will certainly be useless if it is not customizable for the CB profile area only because my Joomla site is customized to my preference. What can be done to customize the look of the CB profile or is there any way possible to apply the CB template to the CB profile ONLY?

13 years 6 months ago #142823 by beat
bhenley50 wrote:

that was my whole purpose for purchasing the CB My Community template, for the profile. It will certainly be useless if it is not customizable for the CB profile area only because my Joomla site is customized to my preference. What can be done to customize the look of the CB profile or is there any way possible to apply the CB template to the CB profile ONLY?

In Joomla template settings, it is possible to assign a particular Joomla template (e.g. MyCommunity) to a particular menu item (e.g. CB profile), while leaving your default Joomla template for other pages.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 4 months ago #146224 by cripp7
Is it possible for users to apply their own temple to their profile? Like Myspace does?

13 years 4 months ago #146295 by krileon
cripp7 wrote:

Is it possible for users to apply their own temple to their profile? Like Myspace does?

No, sorry. We've plans to expand profile customization greatly in CB 2.0 however so custom profiles would be possible. Currently however you could use documentation subscriber incubator project CB Template Change which will allow your users to select any of the published CB templates to use as their profile template (allowing you to also provide more templates for them).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn