[SOLVED] overlib and validation Colors in Registration Form

13 years 5 months ago #144926 by josevelas
Hi,

I'm trying to change the default colors of overlib popu help texts in the registration form, but haven't been able to do that.

I'm also trying to change the validation hard red ("#FF0000") warning color in the registration form template.css (I'm making a custom template) but haven't been able to change these two colors.

What files do control that javascript-controlled styling??

Thank you, guys!!

PD. Using CB 1.2.3

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/10 18:15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144930 by josevelas
I already found the CSS code for the tooltips' colors:

in ..\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\templates\YOURTEMPLATE\template.css

around line ~241:

/* For tool-tips: */

.cb-tips-fg {...
.cb-tips-bg {...

haven't found the CSS for the text input validation color (I hate the strong red)

13 years 5 months ago #144981 by krileon

haven't found the CSS for the text input validation color (I hate the strong red)

If you're referring to the on-screen error displayed at the top of your content pane then it should have the class error. You may want to check Joomla CSS file which is typically what determines this styling.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145002 by josevelas
krileon wrote:

If you're referring to the on-screen error displayed at the top of your content pane then it should have the class error. You may want to check Joomla CSS file which is typically what determines this styling.

Thank you, Krileon

I'm referring to the background-color of the text input boxes/fields on the Registration form (brilliant red) when there's wrong/missing data and the Registration button is pushed.

This is a validation done with javascript. The tooltips also work with js and I found a way to change their colors with CSS.

I have searched during a couple of days for a way to arrange this, but haven't been able to find it.:(

In .../com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/template.css I find these selectors, whose background-color I change, to no effect:

.cb_result_error{},

.fieldError{},

.cbValidationError input{},

.cbValidationError .titleCell{}

(edit): I also found that the javascript changes the HTML, adding a
[code:1]style="background-color: red;"[/code:1]
attribute to the input boxes

I'd love a #FFCCCC instead of the standard #FF0000 for the background of these boxes after an error is found during validation. ;)

CB: 1.2.3

Joomla!: 1.5.20 Stable ( senu takaa ) 18-July-2010 18:00 GMT

PHP: 5.3.1

MySQL: 5.1.41

Server: Apache

Post edited by: josevelas, at: 2010/10/27 22:11

Post edited by: josevelas, at: 2010/10/27 22:16

Post edited by: josevelas, at: 2010/10/27 22:30

Post edited by: josevelas, at: 2010/10/27 22:31

13 years 4 months ago #145067 by krileon
I see, yes that is indeed hardcoded and can't be changed with CSS. Please review components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php. At the very top of this file you'll find the function outputMosFormVal inside class HTML_comprofiler and inside this function you'll notice a bunch of javascript. Just search for "red" and it'll point to you all the locations in that function where you'd change the color from red to whatever you're wanting. Sorry, best I can advise as we don't support core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148075 by startup
Hi!

Did you solve the problem? Also playing around in that area. I change the value "red" to my desired one but now the field does not turn back to the default color if the missing value was entered correctly.

Regards
Frank

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn