Compatibility with Joomla 2.5.4

11 years 10 months ago #199189 by jjmonroe
Compatibility with Joomla 2.5.4 was created by jjmonroe
I purchased the MyCommunity Template and Coolness bundle. The templates installed and modules but the plugins state there is no Joomla XML found. I am assuming that these will not work with my Joomla 2.5.4 install.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #199196 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Compatibility with Joomla 2.5.4
no,
you have three things. The module and the template you have to install with joomla installer. The plugin template you've to install with cb installer. (don't forget to activate it)
I have all three cb templates and am using joomla 2.5.4, cb 1.8 and works fine!

11 years 10 months ago #199244 by jjmonroe
Replied by jjmonroe on topic Re: Compatibility with Joomla 2.5.4
Thanks for the reply. I will try this. I was hoping there was more to that template then there is. Its pretty bare. I am fairly new to Joomla as I mainly use Drupal or Wordpress. So to me...it looks very bare. So far not really pleased with my purchase of CB nor these templates. But due to my ignorance of Joomla...that is why. Hopefully I will learn it enough to make it worth my while.

Thanks again.

11 years 10 months ago #199255 by jojo12
Yes, I can understand what you mean, after all the main template is bare for me too. But for the profile I use a coolness template adapted to my original template. And like that I am happy.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #199261 by jjmonroe
Replied by jjmonroe on topic Re: Compatibility with Joomla 2.5.4
I am trying to follow the pdf that comes with the template and assigning module position but nothing seems to be changing...nor can I get any tabs to show up even though I am modifying the user and main menus to have the CB profile and other links.

Any ideas?

I got the modules to show up...it helps if I select which pages I would like them to appear on. I need to set the login not to appear if logged in already. I need to figure out the menus but it's probably going to be something like my first problem.

Thanks

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #199267 by jojo12
did you change in cb configuration profile the template?

do you know: to find the positions of the template you choose: www.mysite.com/index.php?tp=1
But first you have to enable in template manager options this possibility.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn