Thankyou

15 years 2 months ago #88547 by ckayfish
Thankyou was created by ckayfish
To echo the others, thank you CB team for your great work. Really only purchased the template for the module (which may be released to subscribers anyway) and to contribute a bit more to this well-ran project.

Although it is fairly obvious to anyone familiar with CSS & Joomla! templates, it may be worth mentioning in the docs that if you are using an existing template with the CB Module that the styles and & images from the myCommunity template need to be copied to the template you are using to get the module look/icons.

Thanks again!

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #88552 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Thankyou
Thanks for your kind words and support B)

Good point for the independant module doc...

I mentioned that already here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,88454/catid,82/

So, yes, if you need the module and the icons/formatting, you will need the MyCommunity template (or at least the part documented as "CB menu" in it) + 1 image as well. For that the template needs to be purchased. :)

It has been done that way with big speed, low server-load and focus on content/usability, in mind, and indeed a standard Joomla 1.0 homepage loads and renders within 0.2 seconds on a modern computer ! :woohoo:

So it's a little bit at the opposite of current joomla-templates trends of highly complex and heavily loaded templates :whistle:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 month ago #90174 by Big Kahuna
Replied by Big Kahuna on topic Re:Thankyou
Just wanted to tag on my "Thank You" to you guys. The My Community template has given my site the professional and clean look it needed.

Thanks again. Great work!

The gene pool needs chlorine!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn