My Community Template Info

15 years 1 month ago #91463 by benbiz1
My Community Template Info was created by benbiz1
I recently purchased the mycomunity template package. I went through the read me files, and had to upgrade my CB to 1.2 from the 1.2RC4 build. (by the way didn't see the upgrade was needed before I bought, but that's ok). I upgraded, and everythings seems to function fine. However, when I select the mycommuinty template, I don't get that clean look like the demo. I've double checked everything, all plug ins are replaced and enabled.
My Website is a dark Joomla 1.5.9 template with a black background. It seems the template only highlights the tabs in the profile with a bright blue color. The black background hides some of the text after the tab is opened. Will the template continue to use my website colors in it's background, or should the template cover the background and only show the "light" profile template. Is there something I can do to achieve this. I just want my profile info to be lighter than the background color.
Thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #91520 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:My Community Template Info
MyCommunity template is a package product. It's meant to replace Joomla and CBs template. Only then will it look as it should. As the CB template requires some styles from the Joomla template. You need both installed and used to get the look of the demo sites.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #91554 by benbiz1
Replied by benbiz1 on topic Re:My Community Template Info
Oh, So I paid for it for nothing. Is there anywhere I can get a cb template may work with my present joomla template?

15 years 1 month ago #91617 by krileon
benbiz1 wrote:

Oh, So I paid for it for nothing. Is there anywhere I can get a cb template may work with my present joomla template?

You're wanting a CB template customized to match your Joomla template.. for that you need to contact your Joomla template designers to design a CB template as well.

You didn't pay for nothing. You paid for a complete template as it says before purchasing it.

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/6935/37/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #91754 by msquared70
Replied by msquared70 on topic Re:My Community Template Info
I kind of have to agree with this sentiment. Although it is a package.. I am sure MANY people are just looking to use the plugin template because it takes advantage of CB 1.2 new template features/table-less design etc..

I purchased it assuming (and yes thats my fault) that the plugin was similar to previous CB templates and was "self contained".

This isn't really a complaint post... I just think you'll be getting a lot of comments about this and you should know where people are coming from.

Thanks
Mark

15 years 1 month ago #92277 by krileon
It is self contained. It does not need the joomla template, but if you're wanting the exact look of the demo sites you'll obviously need to use the whole package.

Profile template is standalone so you do not have to use the joomla template.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn