My Community template

15 years 3 weeks ago #92911 by drongo79
My Community template was created by drongo79
Hi
I have tried to change the logo in the My Community template but it will only allow me to either use the My Community image or any text I put in.
What I would like to do is to replace the MyCommunity logo with one of my own. Why is this not possible. When I delete the My community text and leave it with my own background or foreground image it simply reverts back to My Community. This renders the template pretty useless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92921 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:My Community template
Have you read the documentation that came with the template? There are step-by-step instructions for modifying the logo and other parts of the template. Are you using CB 1.2? And PHP 5.2.6 or later?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 weeks ago #92961 by drongo79
Replied by drongo79 on topic Re:My Community template
Yes I have read the instructions and they only apply to changing the background. I want to place a new logo in the space presently occupied by the My Community logo. The problem is that something in the template will not allow that to happen.
I have altered the php, and the css but to no avail. All that happens if you try to alter the image path is you get a blank logo. If you try to place it as a background image then you can only do that in text mode and despite deleting the MyCommunity text it just comes straight back. It cannot handle an empty space. Kind of ruins the whole idea. Unless you are thinking that there will be hundreds of sites called MyCommunity?

15 years 3 weeks ago #92964 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:My Community template
In Template Manager, change Text/Image Logo to Image for an image and change the path to the image from images/stories/powered_by.png to your own image location.

If you want text. simply change "Text Logo" and "Sub Title" to what you desire. Save.

If it's not saving, there is a problem with the directory or file permissions that you will need to correct.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 weeks ago #93050 by drongo79
Replied by drongo79 on topic Re:My Community template
OK, so I located the logo image in the stories folder and replaced it with my logo. There is one slight problem insofar as you seem to have a 5px margin or padding to the left and top of the logo placeholder which makes any logo look completely stupid.
Can you tell me where to alter that so that my image fits in properly?

15 years 3 weeks ago #93118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:My Community template
drongo79 wrote:

OK, so I located the logo image in the stories folder and replaced it with my logo. There is one slight problem insofar as you seem to have a 5px margin or padding to the left and top of the logo placeholder which makes any logo look completely stupid.
Can you tell me where to alter that so that my image fits in properly?

How to change the logo and its style is within the documentation included in the package.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn