odd issue with public front page

15 years 3 weeks ago #93142 by teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob
odd issue with public front page was created by teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob
Hi, MyCommunity Template install went well except when the mod_cbcontent is enabled and a user is logged in, he enounters an empty file on the public frontpage.

If the user logs out or if I unpublish the mod_cbcontent, the frontage returns correctly.

Here's what I have entered under Module Parameters text: [cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /]

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93176 by teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob
Replied by teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob on topic Re:odd issue with public front page
Progress.

I changed my PHP version to 5 and the logged in user can now see the frontpage but it still returns blank as soon as I enable the CB Content module.

Please advise.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93199 by teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob
Replied by teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob on topic Re:odd issue with public front page
More info: All of the public Joomla content, news, Faqs Links, Etc. work fine until the user logs into CB. Once logged in, all links to public content return blank pages in Firefox and error 500 in IE.

Post edited by: teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob, at: 2009/03/28 21:35

15 years 3 weeks ago #93209 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:odd issue with public front page
turn on debug from joomla backend and see if more info is generated that might help.

also check your error logs for more hints on problem.

Blank page typically means broken html. Could be memory problem - error log should help.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93214 by teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob
Thanks for your comments Nick. I did find the FAQ entitled 'Blank page, white page, nothing, just nothing' at www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/58/ which had similar suggestions and folowed them. Unfortunately, while informative, they did not solve the problem.

The debug returns nothing on the blank pages. it's not writing html, it is returning an error 500.

I also added something to the htaccess file to address the possible memory issue.

If it were broken html, I guess it would have to be html that CB writes since these pages work fine if the user is not logged into CB or if the mod_cbcontent is not enabled.

No metion of the 500s in the error log.

Post edited by: teena.walkerrobin@sbcglob, at: 2009/03/29 00:57

15 years 3 weeks ago #93226 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:odd issue with public front page
Ask you hosting company to help out with the 500 error - they might have better luck with the log file.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn