Modify CB Menu

15 years 1 week ago #93869 by AGman04
Modify CB Menu was created by AGman04
Hello,
I'm new to CB and purchased the MyCommunity template.
I would like to know if there is a way to modify the user Profile Page/CB Menu.
On the top there are 3 things listed: "About Community Builder", "Edit", and "Connections".

I was able to remove "About Community", with information found in this forum but I also want to remove "Connections". I already have a tab for Connections (located next to tabs for 'contact info' and 'additional info' are located). It would look much cleaner and eliminate redundancy if I can do this.

Thank you!
AG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #94138 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Modify CB Menu
Can be done with CSS use Firebug for Firefox and inspect the elements for their classes. They each should have one unique to their menu. This will allow you to hide/show, etc.. all you want. Alternative is editing the code it self in cb.menu.php plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #99363 by Boumy
Replied by Boumy on topic Re:Modify CB Menu
Hello

i'have made several research for my prob but can't find the clue : When i use my Artisteer's(2.1) template, the profile/edit/menu for each member appears as a colonne instead of a row. The consequence is that sub menus hide the menu items below it. It's messy. This doesn't occur with genuine joomla 1.5 templates. I have try to edit several parts of the CB's template.css or my templates's css but nothing helps.

So finally i erased all the cb's template.css to start one from scratch. I notice that cb'menu is a list and in this raw presentation there is room for submenus to appear.

Is it a javascript problem with the template that makes the drop menu messy ?

Config : php5.x, J1.5.10, OS X Mac Firefox 3.X or Safari 3.x

Thank you.

14 years 8 months ago #105644 by nobert1313
Replied by nobert1313 on topic Re:Modify CB Menu
I have the exact same problem. Did you solved it? If that's the case I'm wondering how you did it.

Boumy wrote:

Hello

i'have made several research for my prob but can't find the clue : When i use my Artisteer's(2.1) template, the profile/edit/menu for each member appears as a colonne instead of a row. The consequence is that sub menus hide the menu items below it. It's messy. This doesn't occur with genuine joomla 1.5 templates. I have try to edit several parts of the CB's template.css or my templates's css but nothing helps.

So finally i erased all the cb's template.css to start one from scratch. I notice that cb'menu is a list and in this raw presentation there is room for submenus to appear.

Is it a javascript problem with the template that makes the drop menu messy ?

Config : php5.x, J1.5.10, OS X Mac Firefox 3.X or Safari 3.x

Thank you.

14 years 8 months ago #105666 by Boumy
Replied by Boumy on topic Re:Modify CB Menu
No, for the moment. Good luck. Any team's member around here ? ;-) Thxs.

14 years 8 months ago #105781 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Modify CB Menu
Boumy wrote:

No, for the moment. Good luck. Any team's member around here ? ;-) Thxs.

I see no Mycommunity template issue here - is there?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn