Need a little help but don't know where to post

14 years 11 months ago #96714 by Mandig
Hi,

I need a little help from you guys for the following matter:

I was building a brand new web site and it worked fine while I decided to move it to Joomlapolis hosting service.

Being a script which allow users to automatically install latest Joomla and Community Builder releases I used it and I added my other components, modules and plugins.

Now I'm testing what I installed and I discovered that users can't register to my site.

As soon as I click on "register" button my browser tells me that the page doesn't exist but I used the same procedure I did to manually install CB on my previous site. Am I doing something wrong ? I don't know how do solve it.

Thanks for your support. Bye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96730 by beat
Mandig wrote:

Hi,

I need a little help from you guys for the following matter:

I was building a brand new web site and it worked fine while I decided to move it to Joomlapolis hosting service.

Being a script which allow users to automatically install latest Joomla and Community Builder releases I used it and I added my other components, modules and plugins.

Now I'm testing what I installed and I discovered that users can't register to my site.

As soon as I click on "register" button my browser tells me that the page doesn't exist but I used the same procedure I did to manually install CB on my previous site. Am I doing something wrong ? I don't know how do solve it.

Thanks for your support. Bye

We are looking into it. It looks like a SEF-related issue (there is no .htaccess in the folder).

We are adding the .htaccess for you and checking.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96731 by Mandig
Thanks a lot Beat and sorry for having made you waste time !

You're right I forgot to create the .htaccess file 'cause I firstly transferred my site and than decided to delete it and make it brand new through the script.

i'm stupid !:whistle: :whistle:

I apologize again.

Bye

14 years 11 months ago #96732 by beat
.htaccess is now added.

Menus are working, register too (except issue below):

The links with multiple / in the SEF link don't display template correctly because of a bug in the template (it doesn't add the live_site in front of the link to CSS).

If you wish more custom support on that (fixing your template), please open a ticket in the hosting support portal.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96737 by beat
No problem. Saw that you fixed the template issue too B)

Sorry for the little delay in replying in here, as we monitor the forums as time permits.

For urgent request, please remember to login into the hosting clients area:
hosting.joomlapolis.com/portal/
and open a support ticket. The tickets are monitored closely by our hosting support team, and allow to react quickly.

By the way, our hosting team now also offers registrar function with the hosting, so that domain names can be registered, transfered and renewed directly from within the hosting portal. Not required but can simplify things.

Moderators: beatnantgcorbazkrileon
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn