<SOLVED> Weird problem with itemID

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #167968 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Weird problem with itemID
Hi CRLouis,

Regarding delay in reply, please notice that it's been a sunny week-end and that our families deserved a bit of priority for a change. We usually have same-or-next business day replies, which is pretty fast in Joomla extensions. Also all of our support is publicly visible, so we have no bad support to hide.

I'm still waiting for a suggestion on *how* to best handle the Itemid issue you have as most people don't have it and don't want to have modules on the payment page.

You didn't reply to my question of Friday:

beat wrote: ...
I doubt that it would be a great idea to keep the itemid of product page at the payment page for most sites...

Do you have a suggestion how to best handle that?

Your page screen-dumps show that the joomla modules display settings are not right on your site, or that you have a template customization which doesn't look for homepage Itemid, but supposes that no Itemid is homepage.

We can take a look today on your module settings, if you wish so, please PM access on the installation with CB/CBSubs.

And if you have a suggestion on how to handle the Itemid on the checkout form, we would be pleased to review and implement.

Hope you will get faster support with your other solution, including on week-ends.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #167989 by CRLouis
Replied by CRLouis on topic Re: Weird problem with itemID
I just sent you a PM

12 years 9 months ago #168012 by beat
Got the PM (evening here), and replied.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 9 months ago #168250 by CRLouis
Replied by CRLouis on topic Re: Weird problem with itemID
Did you get my latest responses on your PM's???

12 years 9 months ago #168256 by beat
Yes, just got it, Thank you. I replied to it. Thanks for having now disabled sh404sef, so that we can now investigate the Itemid issue in the morning.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168361 by beat
Just a qucik update:

The problem was due to a setting in your RocketTheme template:

In the Last accordion of settings, "Advanced", the very last setting "MENU-LESS PAGES" was ON instead of OFF, and "Home" menu item was selected.

The description of that setting is pretty much clear:

"Certain pages in Joomla that are not explicitly under a menu item, will only show modules that are published in 'all positions'. You can select a menu item to use as a basis for displaying modules in these situations."

So whenever there is no Itemid (like when you really want to concentrate on what you do), this setting will display a given menu's modules.

In your case, all home modules were displayed whenever only modules which are on all pages should hav been displayed.

I guess this thread can now be marked as solved ? :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: CRLouis

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn