Redirect after registration/edit the last page

12 years 9 months ago #169801 by byrannewell
The last page of the registration process says something akin to "Registration Complete. You may now log in. Thank you for your payment of ...". I need to change that, and skin it. How?

Second, I'm having a helluva time trying to get people logged in after they complete their registration—it seems to be a glaringly obvious feature that is lacking (among others). My question though, is if it's possible to use the CBSubs URL Integration plugin, to overcome the limitation. Specifically, can I log in the user, and redirect them to their edit profile page? It's extremely important.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #170025 by krileon

The last page of the registration process says something akin to "Registration Complete. You may now log in. Thank you for your payment of ...". I need to change that, and skin it. How?

Change it how? You can change the text through language strings or in some cases directly through CBSubs > Settings > Display. As for skinning you can restyle it using standard CSS.

Second, I'm having a helluva time trying to get people logged in after they complete their registration—it seems to be a glaringly obvious feature that is lacking (among others). My question though, is if it's possible to use the CBSubs URL Integration plugin, to overcome the limitation. Specifically, can I log in the user, and redirect them to their edit profile page? It's extremely important.

Login the user directly after registration and send to profile page? Yes with a new CB plugin. As far as I am aware nothing like this exists as of yet, but it's very very doable utilizing the after registration trigger as at that point the password is plain text (not really needed anyway given API supports login without password). You can review FBC or Twitter plugins on how they perform the login. You could then review the below tutorial (with working example!) on how to utilize a trigger plugin.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #172957 by jvande
One thing I did to help others login after registration, was to automatically redirect them to my login page. I went a pretty simple route by just changing the _UE_REG_COMPLETE language value to add "<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=http://www.yoursite.com">" with the message. This may not be exactly the right way to perform a redirect considering it should go in the head of the document but it certainly worked for me and get's the login put right in front of my users after they register. If you want to get fancier you could implement a script that runs on first login to automatically take them to the edit profile form, this is easily done with cb_subs too as there are functions setup to do this on a per plan basis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecarne

12 years 8 months ago #172959 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: Redirect after registration/edit the last page
I'm going to try this right now.

12 years 8 months ago #174034 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: Redirect after registration/edit the last page
Couldn't get this to work, btw. Maybe because I wanted to make the users go to a non-secured version of the site?

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #174035 by jvande
If you are going from https make sure you acknowledge that in the url path you are redirecting too.
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=http://www.yoursite.com">

Note not to have quotes around the META tag, use the code as it shows above.

Simply add HTTP:// or HTTPS:// in front of the redirect URL, whichever one suits.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn