Parent Child Plan Duration

12 years 8 months ago #170880 by boyjahq
Parent Child Plan Duration was created by boyjahq
I've been trying to set up plans with somewhat custom durations.

I need:

1 year
1 year 2 weeks
1 year 1 month
1 year 2 months
1 year 3 months
1 year 6 months

I thought that the duration of a child plan is added to the duration of a parent plan.

For example: 1 year 2 weeks is 1 year duration for the parent and 2 weeks for the child.

However, this doesn't appear to be the case, because when I test a parent of 5 minutes and a child of 5 minutes, the account is expired at 5 minutes and not 10 minutes.

Instead, I've been using a combination of grace period and CB Subs Email plugin. I just want to confirm here that this will work (instead of finding out a year from now when the behavior all of a sudden is different, or I'm seeing an unforeseen consequence).

I set a parent duration of 5 minutes and a child duration of 5 minutes and I give the child a five minute grace period. I have CB Subs Email send an email on the Expired Email event and it appears that it sends at 10 minutes, which is what I want (so I can do 1 year 2 weeks).

Additionally, I would like to know when the CB Subs Email Deactivation Email is triggered. I was not able to find any information on this plugin in the CB Subs documentation and, though it seems like these events would be straight forward, I found that a few of them didn't fire when I thought they would (e.g. I thought Pending First Payment would fire as soon as the payment process was initiated. I now believe it fires possibly for off-line payments that haven't yet been marked as paid?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #171146 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Parent Child Plan Duration
Yes, that's how it works:

- deactivation event triggering all deactivation functions (emails, and all integrations) is at official expiry time + grace period.

- but in "Current Memberships" view and on "Memberships" tab in profile, it will be shown as expired (even if it is not yet) already after the expiry time, not taking in account the grace period.

CBSubs 1.2.2 makes the Offline Pending payments work. 1.2.1 and before had a bug for Offline.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 8 months ago #171147 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Re: Parent Child Plan Duration
Thank-you! Exactly what I was looking for. I will have to think about how to handle the status of the membership tab.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn