Field and Tab Help

12 years 7 months ago #174460 by raniko
Field and Tab Help was created by raniko
Hello, I'm still getting used to the tab and field functionality in CBSubs 1.2.2 and I could use a little help with a couple of issues that I am having. Any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

1) Is there a way to make a tab in the user profile viewable ONLY to the subscriber and no one else, regardless of other groups? I have a User Details tab that would be beneficial for the User themselves to see, but no one else.

2)I have tabs appearing on user profiles (as they should) but they are empty.... No fields show up. This only happens on a users OWN profile. If another member views that users profile, the fields are included. This one is driving me crazy. Please help. I currently have the TAB settings as:

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB Suds Control
1) For other viewers: Plan A

2) For Profile owner himself:
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted (this is how the manual proposes that this task be accomplished)

3) How can I turn off the legends and icons on the registration form?

4) Can fields be auto filled by a parent on registration? For example, if I want the "First Name" field (predefined) to appear in 2 different tabs, can I create a regular "text" First Name and assign it the value in the predefined First Name field?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174464 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Field and Tab Help

raniko wrote: Hello, I'm still getting used to the tab and field functionality in CBSubs 1.2.2 and I could use a little help with a couple of issues that I am having. Any assistance would be greatly appreciate.

1) Is there a way to make a tab in the user profile viewable ONLY to the subscriber and no one else, regardless of other groups? I have a User Details tab that would be beneficial for the User themselves to see, but no one else.

2)I have tabs appearing on user profiles (as they should) but they are empty.... No fields show up. This only happens on a users OWN profile. If another member views that users profile, the fields are included. This one is driving me crazy. Please help. I currently have the TAB settings as:

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB Suds Control
1) For other viewers: Plan A

2) For Profile owner himself:
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted (this is how the manual proposes that this task be accomplished)

3) How can I turn off the legends and icons on the registration form?

4) Can fields be auto filled by a parent on registration? For example, if I want the "First Name" field (predefined) to appear in 2 different tabs, can I create a regular "text" First Name and assign it the value in the predefined First Name field?

Just create a dummy plan (that is not shown at all in frontend) and make tab available only to subscribers of that plan and to profile owners themselves also.

12 years 7 months ago #175370 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: Field and Tab Help
Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to let you know that your answer to question 1 below got the job done. Many thanks!

12 years 7 months ago #175382 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Field and Tab Help

raniko wrote: Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to let you know that your answer to question 1 below got the job done. Many thanks!

You are welcome - glad CBSubs is working for you.

12 years 7 months ago #175394 by raniko
Thanks Nick. Actually, I have rather unique case that I am not sure CB Subs can handle. I have tried everything I can think of. I was hoping that you may be able to shed some light. Firstly, I’m using joomla and CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2…

Okay, here is the scenario:
I have two Plans, A and B (and User Groups A and B). I created a TAB X that gets populated with fields on Plan A’s registration form. I am trying to configure the tab protections to accomplish the following:
Plan A subscribers:
CAN see TAB X in their OWN profile.
CAN edit TAB X in their OWN profile.
CAN NOT see TAB X in Plan B profiles.
CAN NOT see Tab X in other Plan A profiles (not critical – can control this with menus)
CAN NOT search using TAB X fields. (not critical – can control this with menus)

Plan B subscribers.

CAN NOT see TAB X in their own profiles
CAN NOT edit TAB X fields in their own profiles
CAN NOT see TAB X in other Plan B profiles.
CAN see Tab X in Plan A profiles
CAN search Plan A profiles using TAB X fields.

To give you an example use case:
Group A is a group of people selling apples
Group B is a group of people looking to buy apples

Group A has filled out fields during registration that populate a tab x in their profile with fields like, apple price, number of apples available, specific kinds of apples, etc...

Group A wants Group B to be able to view this tab, search users in Group A based on the tab (by apple price range, kinds of apples) etc. so that they can connect if someone is interested in their pricing and apple selection. Group A does not want other apple sellers (Group A's) to see what his/her particular apple prices are and how many of each kind he has, so he would want that protected (again, this piece I can get around with menu manipulation).

Group B has absolutely no need for a tab with apple sale prices and amount of apples for sale on their OWN profile (or other group b's profiles) because they are buyers... this would just be an empty and useless tab that takes up space.
The closest I can get to a resolution is:

CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect: Tab CB Subs preferences
A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: YES, CB Subs Control Tabs Visibility
A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: PLAN A and B
2) For Profile owner himself: No, Profile Owner himself also restricted

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: YES, Viewer’s CB Subs Control Detailed Visibility
B. Visibility depending on Viewer's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:
Viewer Plans controlling tab visibility by viewer: PLAN A
Viewer Plans controlling tab searchable: PLAN B
2) For Profile owner himself: No: Profile owner himself also restricted
3) For Moderators: No, moderators also restricted

This allows group b users to search by fields in Tab X, BUT they can’t view the tab or its fields on Users A’s profiles.
I can also create a situation where group b users can see the tabs/fields in User A’s profiles, but I can’t search by them.
I can get the search and viewing to work ONLY if Tab X is viewable in profile b users, which is a problem.

Is there something that I am missing? If this can’t be done, are there any potential workarounds? I have been going back and forth with a moderator who has been responsive and helpful but I’m beginning to think what I want can’t be done. Please let me know if you can help. I need to set up a number of tabs with this logic so it would be a life saver. By the way, my lists are set up appropriately (all searchable fields available) and I have no field level restrictions or privacy blocks.)

Thanks!

12 years 7 months ago #175481 by raniko
Hi Nick. Well, after some more desperate attempts, I finally figured out a solution for this use case. The following scenario (in combination with a couple of menu access adjustments) got me where I needed to be.

CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect: Tab CB Subs preferences
A.Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: YES, CB Subs Control detailed Tabs access
A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: PLAN A
2) For Profile owner himself: No, Profile Owner himself also restricted
Control editing: PLAN A ****important
Moderators: no, no

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions: YES, Viewer’s CB Subs Control Detailed Visibility
B. Visibility depending on Viewer's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:
Viewer Plans controlling tab visibility by viewer: none selected
Viewer Plans controlling tab searchable: PLAN B
2) For Profile owner himself: No: Profile owner himself also restricted
3) For Moderators: No, moderators also restricted

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds