Expiry/Unsubscribe issues

12 years 5 months ago #180644 by jsevold
Expiry/Unsubscribe issues was created by jsevold
I am running Joomla 1.5.22 with CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2.

I am in the testing phase a paid subscription website for a client. What I am trying to accomplish is this: User pays to register with site, registered users get access to special pages w/content.

The problem I am encountering is when a members subscription expires or they have "unsubscribed" the user can still log in and have full access to the registered user content. I would expect the expired/unsubscribed user to be only allowed access to the registration page but this is not the case. Any ideas? Did I miss something fundamental here?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #180650 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Expiry/Unsubscribe issues

jsevold wrote: I am running Joomla 1.5.22 with CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2.

I am in the testing phase a paid subscription website for a client. What I am trying to accomplish is this: User pays to register with site, registered users get access to special pages w/content.

The problem I am encountering is when a members subscription expires or they have "unsubscribed" the user can still log in and have full access to the registered user content. I would expect the expired/unsubscribed user to be only allowed access to the registration page but this is not the case. Any ideas? Did I miss something fundamental here?

To have CBSubs protect content you need to have CBSubs bot installed and you need to have the CBSubs content integration plugin also installed and published.

Please study the various use case examples in the CBSubs documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsevold

12 years 5 months ago #180767 by jsevold
Replied by jsevold on topic Re: Expiry/Unsubscribe issues
Thanks for the quick reply!

I will look into that all now. I appreciate pointing me in the right direction!

12 years 5 months ago #180859 by jsevold
Replied by jsevold on topic Re: Expiry/Unsubscribe issues
Got it to work as I wanted it. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn