cbsubs upgrade not cancelling previous membership

12 years 1 month ago #194698 by wjgadmin
i am using joomla 1.7, cb 1.8 & cbsubs. for some reason when a client upgrades to a different subscription it continues to charge them for the previous subscription also. i would like for it to automatically cancel the previous subscription if they upgrade.
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194824 by krileon
How did the user subscribe to their previous subscription? PayPal, Authorize.net, etc..?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194829 by wjgadmin
PayPal was used. That is the only payment gateway I use. The new subscription is also paypal

12 years 1 month ago #195073 by wjgadmin
Any idea on the issue?

12 years 1 month ago #195191 by krileon
It's a known issue. We're working to resolve for next release. Previously a user needed to cancel their subscription at PayPal. However, now the API is available to unsubscribe the user directly from CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196131 by beat
CBSubs 1.3.0 RC2 addresses this using the Paypal API for managing subscriptions, but only as far as Paypal supports it: They support it in selected country as an Option for a monthly fee.

The new PayPal settings in CBSubs 1.3.0 RC2 have Paypal API username, password settings and instructions how to setup your paypal account in order for CBSubs to be able to cancel subscriptions automatically.

That service requires a Paypal option (with a monthly fee as far as I understand) and is available in certain countries only.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn