Upgrade without login

11 years 4 months ago #215282 by lkehrwald
Upgrade without login was created by lkehrwald
My site (www.vibrantfaithathome.org) offers two plans: 1 free and 1 paid. If a registered user (free plan) seeks to subscribe to the paid plan without logging in, he gets a message saying:

You are already registered with this username and password.
Registration Complete!

You may now log in.

How do I allow a user to upgrade without having to login?

Leif

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #215288 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrade without login

lkehrwald wrote: My site (www.vibrantfaithathome.org) offers two plans: 1 free and 1 paid. If a registered user (free plan) seeks to subscribe to the paid plan without logging in, he gets a message saying:

Registration Complete!

You may now log in.

Leif

If this is a CBSubs issue then please login from the account used to purchase the CBSubs license and then post on the CBSubs support forum.

11 years 4 months ago #215290 by lkehrwald
Replied by lkehrwald on topic Re: Upgrade without login
Nick, appreciate the direction but it puts me in a bind. The web developer I hired for my site installed CBSubs but has since gone AWOL. I have no idea what account the license was purchased under. But I'm the one left to manage the site. Am I able to get assistance through this forum? Thanks for your further input. Leif

11 years 4 months ago #215297 by nant

lkehrwald wrote: Nick, appreciate the direction but it puts me in a bind. The web developer I hired for my site installed CBSubs but has since gone AWOL. I have no idea what account the license was purchased under. But I'm the one left to manage the site. Am I able to get assistance through this forum? Thanks for your further input. Leif

Yup, you are in a bind.

You need to find your developer and have him transfer over his Joomlapolis username that was used to purchase the CBSubs license you have on your site.

This way you will be in charge of the license, you can extend its maintenance period (so your license can work with newer CBSubs releases and you can get support here also and download new releases and the CBSubs manual).

Honestly, if you cannot find your developer and have him transfer over the account, you will need to purchase a new license - no other way actually to help with this.

Regarding your question:

My site (www.vibrantfaithathome.org) offers two plans: 1 free and 1 paid. If a registered user (free plan) seeks to subscribe to the paid plan without logging in, he gets a message saying:

Registration Complete!

You may now log in.

Without knowing versions number - when you post please don't make people think - give them details of your environment - I need to comment that the only way CBSubs can actually offer an upgrade proposal to someone is for that someone to login - otherwise CBSUbs has no idea who this person is, if this person has an account on your website and if this website account has a subscription or not in CBSubs.

So, there is no way that someone can upgrade an existing account unless that someone logs in to this existing account.

11 years 4 months ago #215326 by lkehrwald
Replied by lkehrwald on topic Re: Upgrade without login
Nick,
Again, I appreciate your direction and actual response to my question. Albeit late, I can tell you that my site is built on Joomla 2.5.4, uses CB version 1.8.1, and CBSubs 2.0.1.

If you'll permit a follow-up question, (and I understand if you can't) why then does the non-logged in user receive a message "You are already a registered user with this username and password"? Isn't that an indication that CBSubs recognizes the user? And if so, why can't it recognize what plan?

As I said, I understand if you cannot respond. Appreciate the help and direction you have given.

Leif

11 years 4 months ago #215329 by nant

lkehrwald wrote: Nick,
Again, I appreciate your direction and actual response to my question. Albeit late, I can tell you that my site is built on Joomla 2.5.4, uses CB version 1.8.1, and CBSubs 2.0.1.

If you'll permit a follow-up question, (and I understand if you can't) why then does the non-logged in user receive a message "You are already a registered user with this username and password"? Isn't that an indication that CBSubs recognizes the user? And if so, why can't it recognize what plan?

As I said, I understand if you cannot respond. Appreciate the help and direction you have given.

Leif

when does user receive this message exactly?

Also when did this behavior actually start?

I assume is was not always like this?

Did you change anything?

Also all your versions our outdated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds