Upgrade without login

11 years 4 months ago #215330 by lkehrwald
Replied by lkehrwald on topic Re: Upgrade without login
1) The user receives the message immediately (on screen, not email) upon attempting to subscribe to the upgraded plan.

2) We just recently added the "paid" plan and we're in the testing phase, due to launch in January. In testing the various scenarios this issue arose when I tested a registered user who is not logged in clicks on the link to this plan and subscribes. So, I believe it has been like this from the start.

3) Outdated versions . . . hmmm. I WILL have to figure out how to get license info from the original developer, and get these updated.

Appreciate your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #215350 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrade without login

lkehrwald wrote: 1) The user receives the message immediately (on screen, not email) upon attempting to subscribe to the upgraded plan.

Can you share a URL with a demo account and instructions to see the issue live?

2) We just recently added the "paid" plan and we're in the testing phase, due to launch in January. In testing the various scenarios this issue arose when I tested a registered user who is not logged in clicks on the link to this plan and subscribes. So, I believe it has been like this from the start.

I registered user who is not logged in - that could be anyone.
So if I try the same process and I am noy logged in then I should be presented with a registration form. And if I complete the registration form using the information that is already in your database (for this initial registered user), then the system (CB) will tell me that I am already registered with this information and will ask me to login.

This is 100% correct - this are working as intended - not sure what you are expecting here.

3) Outdated versions . . . hmmm. I WILL have to figure out how to get license info from the original developer, and get these updated.

Appreciate your help.

You are welcome.

11 years 4 months ago #215380 by lkehrwald
Nick,

Here is the url to the "paid plan" on my site:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1

Here is demo user info:
Username: lme
Password: abcd1234
Name: Leif Kehrwald
(don't worry about the remaining fields)

This user is currently on the "free plan".

If you go to this url and attempt to subscribe (without logging in) using this user info you will receive a message that you are already a user . . . and you can log in. Yet if you login to the site you will still be on the "free plan" but there is no message to indicate that your attempt to buy the "paid plan" failed. Since CBSubs recognizes that you are already a user, shouldn't it also recognize that you are attempting to upgrade?

When I go live with this "paid plan" in January, I want to make it available to current users and non-users alike. Therefore I will use the dedicated url for this plan to link in several places on the site and in promotion. As as result, I am quite certain I'll have some current "free plan" users attempt to buy the upgraded "paid plan" without first logging in. That's my issue.

I hope I am making better sense. Thanks for your time.

Leif

Ps. the site is www.vibrantfaithathome.org

11 years 4 months ago #215386 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrade without login

lkehrwald wrote: Nick,

Here is the url to the "paid plan" on my site:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1

Here is demo user info:
Username: lme
Password: abcd1234
Name: Leif Kehrwald
(don't worry about the remaining fields)

This user is currently on the "free plan".

If you go to this url and attempt to subscribe (without logging in) using this user info you will receive a message that you are already a user . . . and you can log in. Yet if you login to the site you will still be on the "free plan" but there is no message to indicate that your attempt to buy the "paid plan" failed. Since CBSubs recognizes that you are already a user, shouldn't it also recognize that you are attempting to upgrade?

When I go live with this "paid plan" in January, I want to make it available to current users and non-users alike. Therefore I will use the dedicated url for this plan to link in several places on the site and in promotion. As as result, I am quite certain I'll have some current "free plan" users attempt to buy the upgraded "paid plan" without first logging in. That's my issue.

I hope I am making better sense. Thanks for your time.

Leif

Ps. the site is www.vibrantfaithathome.org

I believe things are working as designed.

If your user is first logged in and then clicks on the URL you have given, then this user will be presented with an upgrade process.

If a user is not logged in and clicks on that link then this person is presented with a registration process.

And when someone tries to register using the exact same credentials (username, name, email address) then the process does not allow registration because there is already someone using those credentials - and the system asks the user to login to the existing account.

11 years 4 months ago #215398 by lkehrwald
Nick, thank you for the clarification. Leif

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds