dual login plus paid registration?

14 years 9 months ago #100605 by tonyh68
dual login plus paid registration? was created by tonyh68
Hi,

I'm trying to accomplish the following, and wondering if CBSubs is going to be a piece of the puzzle:

-paid registration for CB public profiles
-separate registration for site users who view profiles
-product sales on same site with separate registration from CB profiles (perhaps with VirtueMart store)
-ability for site users (not necessarily those with CB profiles) to search CB profiles by specified profile info

Will CB Subs at least get me part of the way? Do you see any piece here that will be impossible by using CB and CB Subs?

Thanks!
Tony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #100650 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:dual login plus paid registration?
tonyh68 wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to accomplish the following, and wondering if CBSubs is going to be a piece of the puzzle:

1-paid registration for CB public profiles
2-separate registration for site users who view profiles
3-product sales on same site with separate registration from CB profiles (perhaps with VirtueMart store)
4-ability for site users (not necessarily those with CB profiles) to search CB profiles by specified profile info

Will CB Subs at least get me part of the way? Do you see any piece here that will be impossible by using CB and CB Subs?

Thanks!
Tony

NUmbered the above 1-4 for refering:

1- don't really understand please clarify, you mean make members pay for their profile to be visible publically ?

2- yes as long as you don't make mandatory fields plan-dependant (in CBSubs 1.0.1)

3-yes, merchandise sales included

4-yes

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #100707 by tonyh68
Replied by tonyh68 on topic Re:dual login plus paid registration?
Thanks for writing back. Re: #1 - yes. I'll have paid subscriptions for users to post profiles (ads). Site visitors will be able to browse those (paid) profiles and search by specific criteria, like zip code and location. Site visitors won't have to set up a profile to browse. Make sense?

So far the user lists menu item is working OK for a search, although I'd like to find that feature as a module. I'm about to create another post about that...

14 years 9 months ago #100986 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:dual login plus paid registration?
tonyh68 wrote:

Thanks for writing back. Re: #1 - yes. I'll have paid subscriptions for users to post profiles (ads). Site visitors will be able to browse those (paid) profiles and search by specific criteria, like zip code and location. Site visitors won't have to set up a profile to browse. Make sense?

So far the user lists menu item is working OK for a search, although I'd like to find that feature as a module. I'm about to create another post about that...

then:

-1 : yes

-5 : users-list as module: think there is a 3pd module for that. Don't know how it is done, so can't tell more.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn