giving access to subscriber's own folder

14 years 10 months ago #102672 by risardi
I am planning to have a subscriber based website and CB Subs seems to be the way to go. What I want to clarify with you is
1. whether it is possible to give a subscriber access to an individual folder that can only be seen by each respective subscriber and obviously administrator.

2. whether it is possible to drop a file on every subscriber's own folder all at once.

3. whether I could set up a public folder where all subscribers can visit.

4. supposed there is no direct way in doing the above features, please inform whether it's relatively easy to achieve the above requirement with CB Subs and with which components/integration is required.

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102692 by zeroxcorbin
Replied by zeroxcorbin on topic Re:giving access to subscriber's own folder
Hello, I am also looking for the features risardi is requesting.

As well, I would like to control access to individual files, within the users personal folder, based on subscription. Can this be done?

I would also like users to have access to certain files, in their personal folders, for life. I plan to keep accounts for a long time.

I am almost convinced to purchase CB Subs. It seems like the system I need.

Thank you,

14 years 10 months ago #102712 by nant
risardi wrote:

I am planning to have a subscriber based website and CB Subs seems to be the way to go. What I want to clarify with you is
1. whether it is possible to give a subscriber access to an individual folder that can only be seen by each respective subscriber and obviously administrator.

Check out DOCman or Remository coponents. Both can do this and both have integration plugins with CBSubs.

2. whether it is possible to drop a file on every subscriber's own folder all at once.

You can add new files to subscriber areas. This method is described in detail in the CBSubs documentation and its the same methid used on thi site to distribute CB documentation for doc subscribers and also to distribute CBSubs for license purchasers.

3. whether I could set up a public folder where all subscribers can visit.

4. supposed there is no direct way in doing the above features, please inform whether it's relatively easy to achieve the above requirement with CB Subs and with which components/integration is required.

Regards,

You should be able to do all of the above with DOCman or Remository.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn