Mass delete members of a certain Sub Type

14 years 9 months ago #102780 by moxxen
I understand that with CBsubs you can import users from an outside source.

Is it possible to mass DELETE all the members of a specified Sub type? In doing this I can then update from the main source every week.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #102783 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Mass delete members of a certain Sub Type
Mass delete is not currently available as it would impose the possibility of a lot of problems. Keep in mind CBSubs was designed with the intent of managing a users money IE subscriptions. Allowing deletion of ALL these subscriptions would present a huge problem as it's dealing with a users money.

I assume you're wanting no frontend subscriptions and to assign the subscriptions your self? Why not just have the subscription last say a month. Then reimport the subscriptions at the end of the month?

Additionally I've passed on the your request, but as a request to Mass Expire rather then delete. Would this be sufficient for your needs?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #102789 by moxxen
I see where you're coming from. I guess I'm looking to have the best of both worlds.

I need sub types that will allow customers to simply come to the site and PAY for access. CBSubs clearly does this.

However, I have a high volume customers I would like to give access too that currently pay offline. I would be ok with the "mass expire" idea, but what happens when the customers pay again offline and their account needs to have a new expiration date set?

Can I import new data on top of an existing account?

Joe

14 years 9 months ago #102819 by nant
moxxen wrote:

I see where you're coming from. I guess I'm looking to have the best of both worlds.

I need sub types that will allow customers to simply come to the site and PAY for access. CBSubs clearly does this.

However, I have a high volume customers I would like to give access too that currently pay offline. I would be ok with the "mass expire" idea, but what happens when the customers pay again offline and their account needs to have a new expiration date set?

Can I import new data on top of an existing account?

Joe

CBSubs also handles offline payments but not via file uploading. I user can go through the whole subscription registration process and select to pay offline. This will put the basket in a pending state for you to take care of in the backend when the actual offline payment is verified.

14 years 9 months ago #102821 by moxxen
I understand the offline payment option. However I need to find a way to manage that in bulk. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to indvidually approve each user. We're talking thousands per week.

Joe

14 years 9 months ago #104405 by beat
moxxen wrote:

I understand the offline payment option. However I need to find a way to manage that in bulk. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to indvidually approve each user. We're talking thousands per week.

Joe

We would need to implement something for such a case... or you could imagine using the SQL tables from your own application, without forward compatibility guarantee.

If interested and with a real budget to automate this, best is to contact me per PM (click the icon bottom left of this post) for a quote on those particular feature. Please include url to this post. As demand isn't high for that feature, it won't come soon without a sponsor for it. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn