CB Subs and connected sites

14 years 9 months ago #103471 by ksnieder
CB Subs and connected sites was created by ksnieder
Curious if and how CB subs could do the following:

Users register and enroll in a plan on main site A... they have various rights depending on their subscription (I know cb subs does that easily)

There are a constellation of other sites the user has access to but I want to control what that user can do on the satellite sites without having them reenroll/subscribe. for example, I want to control access to some components and to some fields within components (jReviews).

Could I use CB subs with JUGA or would I have to purchase multiple licenses of CB subs and some how configure the licenses to only use the membership database of the install on the main site?

What do you guys think?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #103535 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Subs and connected sites
ksnieder wrote:

Curious if and how CB subs could do the following:

Users register and enroll in a plan on main site A... they have various rights depending on their subscription (I know cb subs does that easily)

There are a constellation of other sites the user has access to but I want to control what that user can do on the satellite sites without having them reenroll/subscribe. for example, I want to control access to some components and to some fields within components (jReviews).

Could I use CB subs with JUGA or would I have to purchase multiple licenses of CB subs and some how configure the licenses to only use the membership database of the install on the main site?

What do you guys think?

CB and CBSubs is not yet multi-sites. So you would typically need something to propagate users and e.g. their joomla/3pd ACL level from the main site where the subscriptions purchases take place to the other sites.

OR, if you have database access from the main site to the other sites (e.g. share same database with different table-names prefixes), use CBSubs SQL integrations plugin to sync subscriptions with the corresponding components of the other sites.

We have not tested JUGA, so can't comment on that.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.324 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn