Flexibility concerns

14 years 9 months ago #103991 by amazeika
Flexibility concerns was created by amazeika
Hello guys,

I'm about to launch an e-commerce site with a subscription model. Already tried AEC and I would like to test CBSubs as well.

However, flexibility is my main concern regarding your product. Is there any possibility to execute PHP code upon subscription and/or membership expiration. I would like to interact with an autoresponder and grant/deny access to PHPBB3 groups. I'm currently using JFusion for the bridge part between Joomla and PHPBB3. I'm a developer so I'll be able to handle the coding part.

For the autoresponder I can manage to subscribe people either by executing php code or by sending a message to an specific e-mail address, I don't know if the e-mail plugin will be up to the task. For the PHPBB3 part, I believe that JFusion will handle the user sync and perhaps by using the SQL plugin I'll be able to grant/deny group access, but I'll have to take a closer look.

Hoping to get a quick answer from you,

Best regards.

Post edited by: amazeika, at: 2009/07/06 20:21

Arunas Mazeika
WeXtend.com - Professional development for Joomla!.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104026 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Flexibility concerns
There is currently no PHP execution plugin. It would be possible to develop an integration plugin to execute whatever PHP you so desire.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #104039 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re:Flexibility concerns

It would be possible to develop an integration plugin to execute whatever PHP you so desire.

This sounds interesting, but I'll need some kind of guide. Do you explain the procedure of plugin creation in your doc ?. If not, a non-encrypted plugin will do.

Thanks

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 9 months ago #104091 by amazeika
Beat,

I think you are the guy that can help me out here. Is there any simple way to execute some PHP lines upon subscription/expiration. I can't believe you guys never though on this possibility, which I believe should not be that hard to implement.

krileon proposed an integration plugin. I'll be happy to work on that, but like I said, I need some guidance. A basic hello world kind integration plugin would be excellent.

I already bought a license to test it out. I'm reading the doc, tomorrow morning I'll make some tests.

From a developer's point of view, what I'm asking is an essential feature.

Best regards.

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 9 months ago #104135 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Flexibility concerns
Agreeing with you.

CBSubs 1.0.1 provides that for MySQL but not yet for PHP.
MySQL 5 allows already many programatic actions btw.

We have that on our plans as soon as time permits to finish the API refactoring, however such simple events could be done faster.

Finally, i'm pretty sure you can do PHPBB3 groups access settings with simple SQL queries and using the SQL integrations plugin. Probably no PHP needed at all ;)

This subforum about SQL action queries should give plenty of inspiration for that: :)

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,showcat/catid,90/

FR #1141

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #104139 by amazeika
Thank you Beat ;).

I'm pretty sure too that the SQL plugin will be enough for the PHPBB3 integration. The problem that I might have is that the Joomla and PHPBB tables are within the same server but in different DBs. I've not yet seen the SQL plugin, so I'll have to check if it can handle queries to external DBs. I see no reason why it shouldn't.

An idea, if PHP is necessary, of course this is a temporary solution, would be to run a cron job, let's say every 10 mins or so that checks for newly created subscriptions/expirations directly in the DB. Then the necessary actions will be performed through PHP.

I like a lot what I've seen so far, but the PHP integration is a must :).

Thank you and take care,

Arunas

Arunas Mazeika

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn