Multiple Plans and Admin Activation

14 years 8 months ago #106003 by ibot
Hi - I'm using Joomla 1.5.9 and I need to be able to do the following and am wondering if CBSubs will do the trick, whether I need to install Community Builder first, or if I'll need extra plugins to work with it to achieve the following (i.e. CBFields...)

* Site will offer only two different kinds of plans on annual subscription basis. Each plan will include an annual subscription plus a 'set-up' fee and should have their own custom registration form and visitors should be allowed to completely register but will NOT be prompted to pay yet.

* Registered users should NOT be sent an activation email but should only be allowed to login after being physically activated by admin... My client wants to interview users before activating.

* Once activated by admin users should be allowed to login and should be prompted to pay for their subscription before being allowed to view the custom and user menus.

* Client also wants to offer a newsletter subscription option for an additional fee. This '3rd plan' should also sign up the user to a newsletter.

So - CBSubs sounds pretty good but will the above take some hacking to get it to work or can these options be set in the admin either alone or with plugins ...? Which plugins would you recommend?

Thanks!

Post edited by: ibot, at: 2009/07/24 21:07

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106004 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Multiple Plans and Admin Activation
  1. This is partially doable. The plan is what will help customize different registration forms by hiding/showing different fields. So purchase after registration is basiclaly required to have this functionality.
  2. Doable with CB and CBSubs has ability to manipulate CBs default settings (e.g. 1 plan could require activation and 1 could let them instantly login).
  3. Payment is required before login unless free plans are activated (allows usage of the site without a subscription).
  4. It's possibly to manipulate newsletters, but depends on what the newsletter component is capable of. Likely usage of SQL Actions will be the integration of choice.

CB is required for CBSubs to function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn