From CBSub1.0.3 to CBSubs 1.1.1

13 years 4 months ago #148509 by duser
From CBSub1.0.3 to CBSubs 1.1.1 was created by duser
Hi,
a question about license:
I bought the license when CBSubs was 1.0.3.
Can I install the CbSubs 1.1.1 or I need to upgrade?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148511 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:From CBSub1.0.3 to CBSubs 1.1.1
duser wrote:

Hi,
a question about license:
I bought the license when CBSubs was 1.0.3.
Can I install the CbSubs 1.1.1 or I need to upgrade?
Thanks

Thanks for asking - helps us clarify things. The policy "in theory" is as follows:

Your license purchase is a lifetime deal. Means that you can use it on your website forever. Since the license is floating you can also move it (uninstalling previous) to another website as needed.

CBSubs purchasers with up-to-date maintenance service are able to download latest CBSubs and use with their lifetime license. Note: all new purchases have 1 year free maintenance service automatically included. To upgrade maintenance on an existing CBSubs license just follow the instructions here .

CBSubs purchasers that have not kept their maintenance service up-to-date cannot download newer CBSubs version and such version will not operate on their existing license. However the license will work just fine on all prior versions that were available during the active maintenance period.

Expired maintenance license purchasers basically have 2 choices: extend maintenance period to cover elapsed period and download/install/apply latest version to existing license. Or leave license as is (that can be used forever on previous CBSubs version) and purchase a new license.

Well, that's the policy theory. However we have not enforced this for CBSubs 1.1 but we will be enforcing it in the future. This means that all CBSubs purchasers (even without up-to-date maintenance periods) can at-this-time download/install/operate CBSubs 1.1/1.1.1 on there existing license.

So my recommendation(s): Keep your maintenance period service updated (follow FAQ article posted above) to be able to take advantage of new releases and new features. If your business case has taken off and you do not want to bother with each year renewals, then consider upgrading to lifetime maintenance contract (also an upgrade maintenance option).

Sorry for the long response - just giving enough information and examples to make things clear.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/12/13 11:48

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn