CBSubs License and Maintenance Periods

12 years 10 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #163914 by nant
The CBSubs license is a lifetime deal but does (optionally) have a yearly maintenance period fee (first year is included in license purchase) for software upgrades. The following statements will help clarify this:

• The CBSubs license you purchase is a lifetime license and you can use it forever
  • Every new CBSubs license purchase includes a one year maintenance period. This means that any CBSubs versions released within that year will also work with your CBSubs license.
  • If you let your maintenance period expire, then you cannot use your license with newer CBSubs versions. But the license will continue to work with older CBSubs versions (released before your maintenance period expired).
  • So, your incentive to keep your maintenance period updated is to be able to use your already purchased license with future CBSubs releases. Otherwise the license will still work (forever) with older versions.

You can check your CBSubs license maintenance period by visiting your existing CBSubs installation Settings Icon area where you will see the maintenance period expiration date for your license or you can see it from your Joomlapolis profile (see next paragraph).

To see your CBSubs license maintenance period, just login to this website using the Joomlapolis username used to purchase the CBSubs license and navigate to the Membership tab.

Then find the CBSubs license and you should see a line:

Maintenance expires on: YYYY-MM-DD

To add year to maintenance period, just "Change Options" button and select the appropriate dropdown item in the Maintenance Pack field. Then continue with purchase buy clicking on the "Upgrade Options Now" button.

If you have an expired maintenance agreement you need to purchase as many years as necessary in order to bridge the expired gap. So if your maintenance agreement expired on 2009-01-10 and today is 2012-01-01, you need to purchase 3 years to bring this license up to date and use it with the latest CBSubs version.

During the time when you have not kept your maintenance up-to-date, we have continued developing CBSubs. So when you update your maintenance now to install a new version, that new version includes work done during the whole time since your last upgrade, and that wasn't there before. Thus, we believe it is fair for everybody to katchup on "yet unused maintenance period" since it elapsed, and this is a goodwill from our side. Usually software companies do not allow that, and if you let a maintenance period expire, you have to repurchase a new license.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #165264 by leader777
Replied by leader777 on topic Re: CBSubs License and Maintenance Periods
Hi,
I have recently upgraded my SUSB license from starter to beginner. I've selected 1 year maintenance and paid. Now I see the number of users has increased but in license details it says the maintenance expired.What's wrong?

Andrey

12 years 9 months ago #165278 by nant

leader777 wrote: Hi,
I have recently upgraded my SUSB license from starter to beginner. I've selected 1 year maintenance and paid. Now I see the number of users has increased but in license details it says the maintenance expired.What's wrong?

As I see it you purchased your first 500 limit license on:

License started on: 2009-10-08

and automatically you got one year maintenance period on your license which will/has expire(d) as indicated in your profile:

Maintenance expires on: 2010-10-08

The fact that you upgraded from starter license (500 user) to beginner license (5000 users) by paying the difference does not mean that you get an extra free year.

I believe this was your misunderstanding?

12 years 9 months ago #165378 by leader777
How do I extend the maintenance period now? In my license options it says 1 year 1 site. Should I select +1 year for total 2 or what?

Andrey

12 years 9 months ago #165380 by nant

leader777 wrote: How do I extend the maintenance period now? In my license options it says 1 year 1 site. Should I select +1 year for total 2 or what?

If you select 1+1 for a total of 2 then you will be extending your maintenance until 2011-10-8.

12 years 9 months ago #165605 by leader777
It means I am forced to pay for maintenance from 2010-10-08 when my license expired until now thought there was no maintenance in that period. It seems slightly wrong. If I bought it 5 years ago and didn't use it until now would you force me to pay for that 5 year period also?

Andrey

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn