Stripe

6 years 7 months ago #296722 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Stripe
Not to throw a wrench into this discussion, but is the Square gateway (squareup.com/) API better suited for CBSubs structure? Square is another up an coming option that had picked up momentum as much as Stripe and recently became a option in OpenCart.

Honestly for me any affordable (modest fees) gateway besides PayPal is preferred.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296725 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe

AlexRag wrote: Not to throw a wrench into this discussion, but is the Square gateway (squareup.com/) API better suited for CBSubs structure? Square is another up an coming option that had picked up momentum as much as Stripe and recently became a option in OpenCart.

Honestly for me any affordable (modest fees) gateway besides PayPal is preferred.

Nope, they follow same API structure as Stripe with Customer objects. Single payments for Stripe should be relatively easy for me to implement. Recurring will not be in the first release and could be awhile before I implement recurring for Stripe. We'll see how single payments go and build from there. We've got a large enough discussion here regarding Stripe so I really don't want to get into discussing yet another gateway when this one hasn't been created yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296729 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Stripe
Thanks Kyle. I was just curious if Square was easier, but as you say it's no different than Stripe. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

6 years 7 months ago #296730 by Swisss
Replied by Swisss on topic Stripe

krileon wrote: The earliest I can review writing a Stripe gateway is after CB Auto Actions 7.0.0, which hopefully should be done by end of next week. The plan would be to first tackle single payments, testing, stabilizing, and releasing that. Recurring subscriptions would follow in a future release. If that time schedule is acceptable to everyone then I'll put it in place as my next project as their single payment API is simple and straight forward.

Yes - that sounds good to me - thank you!

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296733 by Swisss
Replied by Swisss on topic Stripe

krileon wrote: That's our biggest issue with developing gateways. They take a significant amount of time causing a lot of lost revenue.. for maybe 1-2 more CBSubs customers. The numbers just don't add up, which is why we often require significant investment to sponsor them, which doesn't really cover cost of maintaining them. We do not charge individually per gateway like other extensions either and are all simply included with your CBSubs subscription.

Basically we're all ears for any suggestions on how to better improve all of this.

Why not split out all the payment gateways from the CB Subs Plans (perhaps for new customers) and charge for them as individual add-ons on an annual basis?

* Customers could then pick and choose which gateways they do or don't want.
* You'd get first hand feedback over which gateways are in demand / being used.
* Ongoing revenue from new customers going forward to off-set initial development and ongoing maintenance costs.
* If the gateways are generating specific income (all new customers would need at least one) this may make them more 'attractive' to develop?

Just my two-penneth for what it worth.

6 years 7 months ago #296734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe

Why not split out all the payment gateways from the CB Subs Plans (perhaps for new customers) and charge for them as individual add-ons on an annual basis?

That's something we've discussed, but we're not quite sure yet if that's the direction we'd like to go. Ideally in that scenario the base cost of CBSubs would go down and gateways beyond the core gateways would cost extra. This seams to be standard practice for other subscription extensions and solutions. It'd be a big change from our current business model so can't really comment on if that's the direction we'll go or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds