Stripe

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298690 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe

I think the closest you can get to what you're wanting is monthly duration with "Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price (0=unlimitted)" set to 12. This would bill them 12 months then expire the subscription.

If they or we manually renew the subscription after the initial period of 12 months, will it go back for another one or will the plan be closed ?

Or can we make that the customer cannot expire its subscription unless we do or he stops on Stripe ? Reason is that our contracts are linked to phone contracts which may be 12, 24 or 36 months

Regarding Stripe do you work with payments or with subscriptions ? Because it seems on their doc that you can set timed payments with one subscription.

So now is it also possible to renew multiple plans at the same time with this gateway ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298694 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe

If they or we manually renew the subscription after the initial period of 12 months, will it go back for another one or will the plan be closed ?

Believe it should just limit recurring amount. Should allow a new recurring subscription to start after the limit is hit, but worse case scenario you reset the limit or remove the subscription after it expires using CB Auto Actions.

Edit: As I'm unsure about this I've went ahead and added a feature ticket to expire the subscription and reset the recurring limit once the limit has been reached which should cover this usecase better.

Or can we make that the customer cannot expire its subscription unless we do or he stops on Stripe ?

I suppose you could disable the ability to unsubscribe within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Unsubscribe, but I don't recommend doing so.

Reason is that our contracts are linked to phone contracts which may be 12, 24 or 36 months

The payment model doesn't need to lock them into 12 months payments though and isn't the standard even for cell phone companies, which just bill monthly. Based off my experience with cell phone plans you'd just use a plan with a 1 month duration then just bill indefinintely and the contract is separate from that. If they violate that contract (e.g. cancel early) your only option is to just mail them a bill and attempt to collect. Worse case scenario you try to force them to pay by drawing from their account and they simply claim fraud and block you from their bank getting you in heaps of trouble.

Regarding Stripe do you work with payments or with subscriptions ? Because it seems on their doc that you can set timed payments with one subscription.

The Stripe gateway works with both single and recurring payments. Recurring is only supported for Card and SEPA payments, but again SEPA is disabled at this time as I can not test it yet. The other payment methods besides Card payments also has not released yet. Recurring has already released.

So now is it also possible to renew multiple plans at the same time with this gateway ?

No.

Please understand the gateway has nothing to do with CBSubs feature set. The gateway simple takes the details CBSubs provides (e.g. $50/1mo) and hands it off to the gateway to issue a charge. The gateway can not add features that are not there. You are gaining no new features with the Stripe gateway beyond being able to bill through Stripe and its many payment methods. Everything else functions the same as it does now.

If you've any further questions regarding your unique plan setup please create a new support topic as this topic is strictly regarding Stripe, which again is adding no new features to CBSubs beyond accepting payments through Stripe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298789 by krileon
Latest CBSubs build now includes all the available Stripe payment methods. You will need to update at the very least CBSubs and CBSubs Stripe. Please note SEPA is disabled at this time (only from selection in the XML) as I am unable to test SEPA due to issue on Stripes end and can not guarantee it'll work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299189 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Stripe
Stripe looks very interesting! We have clients in Turkey who can no longer use Paypal ( it's blocked in Turkey, apparently..) and they have asked us if we could accept BITCOIN :evil:

Searching your site for BITCOIN it seems that it can be do-able for Stripe. Is Stripe a solid company in your experience?
We still need to be able to accept "Paypal" payments but it wouldn't break my heart to find another CC processor!

We currently use PP for CC processing, and a lot of our CC clients BALK when they see the big yellow Paypal Button ( a lot of people have grudges against PP...)

6 years 5 months ago #299193 by krileon

Is Stripe a solid company in your experience?

Personally I've no experience using them from a professional standpoint. From a developers standpoint they're excellent. API is well documented, maintained, and their support is helpful. Stripe is for accepting onsite payments so you need PCI compliance, but because credit card data is never passed directly to your site it's much easier to get PCI compliance.

We still need to be able to accept "Paypal" payments but it wouldn't break my heart to find another CC processor!

You can use more than 1 payment gateway in CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299196 by Swisss
Replied by Swisss on topic Stripe

mikerotec wrote: Is Stripe a solid company in your experience?

I'm in the UK and have been using Stripe for 18 months or so to process cards on all my ecommerce sites - I also have PayPal Express as another payment option. I closed my PayPal Pro account in favour of Stripe - I wish I had done it sooner.

Works perfectly, never had a problem *and* their fees are much cheaper than PayPal. Another benefit is that you can have 'sub-accounts' for each of your websites with the actual website's name, or whatever you choose, display on your customers card statements.

You do have to have SSL on your checkout etc but nowadays I think most people already have.

Stripe gets a big thumbs up from me!

Not used it yet on CB Subs as I'm still at the planning stage.

P.S. I don't know about the Bitcoin part, but Stripe payout your funds from cards on a rolling 7-day basis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds