CB Connect to register and fill fields and login

9 years 5 months ago #251362 by crisvicgruponick
CB Connect to register and fill fields and login was created by crisvicgruponick
Hi all,

I don't know if with the new CB Connect it can be possible to register people through facebook, registering and filling all the following fields:

Name
Surname
email
birth date
genre
mobile phone

It should take or fill most of these fields. In case that there are some fields that it can't be taken with facebook, at least I need that in the register page appears that fields to fill by user.

can cb connect 4.0 do this?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #251377 by krileon
Next CB Connect will use HybridAuth and the fields available will be only those provided by HybridAuth. You can find these below.

hybridauth.sourceforge.net/userguide/Profile_Data_User_Profile.html

Username, Name, Email, and Avatar are always auto-mapped from the social site when possible.

There will be 2 registration methods. One will register then immediately login with minimal information. This is most simple for the user. The other will pre-fill the standard registration form with their social site information.

All of the above is for next CB Connect release (am currently working on this). Current CB Connect is bugged and not CB 2.0 compatible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 5 months ago #251578 by crisvicgruponick
Replied by crisvicgruponick on topic CB Connect to register and fill fields and login
It sounds good!

how can I know when it will be finalized?

Have you any deadline about it?

Thanks!

9 years 5 months ago #251589 by nant

crisvicgruponick wrote: It sounds good!

how can I know when it will be finalized?

Have you any deadline about it?

Thanks!

You can follow progress here:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

Kyle is currently working on this and it will be released when ready.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn