Checking CB suitability for my project

9 years 4 months ago #254873 by adricist
Checking CB suitability for my project was created by adricist
Hi,

I am trying to understand if Community Builder can be used for managing a fundraising event that also requires to receive donations.

What I basically need is a system that will allow people to join a fundraising event by paying a fee. This event will have different formats, which I guess could be classified as different subscription levels with slightly different fees. This events can be participated by individuals or by a group/team of individuals. Finally it should be possible for the public to donate money to either an individual or to a team. Would this be possible? And if so, what plugin subscriptions will I require to achieve this? I am thinking CB Pro, which should include GroupJive, plus CB Subs. Please confirm.

Here are also a few specific questions that might clarify some of my requirements:

1) Is it possible to create a Group Booking or group individual bookings into a Group/Team? And if so, is it possible to add more members to the group at a later stage? Or even better, can an individual join an existing group while registering themselves to an event?
2) Can the registrations be dependent upon payments having been finalized successfully? I would expect that after entering the registration details the registrant is placed into some sort of pending state and upon successfully processing the payment they are then cleared as fully registered. If they do not complete their payment, they would be able to log in with a username and password at a later stage to complete their payment without having to register again from scratch.
3) Once an individual has successfully registered and paid for an event, is it possible to make their profile available to the public front end so that money can be donated and tracked specifically against that individual or his group/team?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Adri

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254878 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Checking CB suitability for my project
Hi and thanks for posting.

First of all I would like to emphasize that Community Builder is not really gears to handling event registrations. There are other perhaps more suitable extensions that are specifically designed for such use cases.

Forgetting this, here are some answers/comments below ...

adricist wrote: Hi,

I am trying to understand if Community Builder can be used for managing a fundraising event that also requires to receive donations.

CBSubs can handle paid subscriptions and donations made by registered users.
More about CBSubs here:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs

What I basically need is a system that will allow people to join a fundraising event by paying a fee. This event will have different formats, which I guess could be classified as different subscription levels with slightly different fees.

I guess you could have different CBSubs subscription plans following this concept.

This events can be participated by individuals or by a group/team of individuals.

There is no built-in "group" membership handling. You could have a group plan defined in CBSubs, but it would be purchased by an individual (on behalf of the group) and individual subscriptions would have to be handled off-line in a manual process (someone would have to communicate with the group purchaser and gather the individual memebers and manually add them via backend to the subscription).

Finally it should be possible for the public to donate money to either an individual or to a team.

CBSubs can handle donation plans. You can have multiple donation plans as many as you need. You can also have open or fixed amount donations defined.

Would this be possible? And if so, what plugin subscriptions will I require to achieve this? I am thinking CB Pro, which should include GroupJive, plus CB Subs. Please confirm.

I am not sure why you would need groupjive - unless you automatically add users to a GroupJive group based on CBSubs subscriptions.

Here are also a few specific questions that might clarify some of my requirements:

1) Is it possible to create a Group Booking or group individual bookings into a Group/Team? And if so, is it possible to add more members to the group at a later stage? Or even better, can an individual join an existing group while registering themselves to an event?

As stated before there is no built-in group-booking. If you configure a group-subscription, then someone would have to manually gather the list of individuals from the group purchaser and manually add them to the proper elements (groupjive group, cbsubs plans, etc).

2) Can the registrations be dependent upon payments having been finalized successfully? I would expect that after entering the registration details the registrant is placed into some sort of pending state and upon successfully processing the payment they are then cleared as fully registered. If they do not complete their payment, they would be able to log in with a username and password at a later stage to complete their payment without having to register again from scratch.

Yes - subscription activation is finalized when payment is confirmed.
You can also configure offline payment methods with CBSubs.
Also No need to register from scratch.

3) Once an individual has successfully registered and paid for an event, is it possible to make their profile available to the public front end so that money can be donated and tracked specifically against that individual or his group/team?

Nope - there is no such donation tracking available.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Adri

As you can see some elements are available, but other items are not.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn