CB Conditional Information Request

8 years 9 months ago #266841 by pevrard
CB Conditional Information Request was created by pevrard
Dear Community Builder Team,

First i would like to thank you for the great job done with the components you provide.
I had the chance to try the basic free CB package, but currently blocked with some limitation, that from my understanding could be sorted out by the "CB Conditional" addon.

Here below the context :
I'm not an IT expert, but a scuba diver, member of a diving club for leisure purpose. Our club is not professional at all, but we still aim to have a place to exchange about the members, diving adventures, pictures, files .. My problem seats on the Members Rights/Information Visibility Management.
My wish is that :
- when member is not log in, nothing is visible
- when member is log in : he can see all tabs about himself, modify some fields, but solely read only some others about himself (that would be modify by the club administrator). He can also see "public" information from others members.
- when club administrator is logged in : he can see, modify all fields for all members.

Looking into tutorial makes me think i can achieve this with the "CB Conditional".
Before applying into the "Professionnal" or buying the addon, i would like to confirm i'll be able to achieve my objective with it.
Can you please confirm my understanding and confirm feasibility ?

Thanks in advance for your swift response,
Best Regards
Patrick.

PS : sorry for any mistake in english writing in advance, this is not my mother tong.. doing my best.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #266842 by Satchi
Replied by Satchi on topic CB Conditional Information Request
Hi Patrick,

Sounds like a great site.

Joomla has user and group management can handle 'groups' who have 'permission levels' (the ACL) CB also has GroupJive which can be used to place your members in groups, with access to that groups info.

Why do you need conditionals? I think you have all the grouping and access levels you could ever need with Joomla, CB and Groupjive.

If you wanted something to happen (like placing someone in a certain group based on a registration field) you can use the CB Auto actions to easily handle that.

On our site, we have students, teachers, mentors, course creators, cs staff, dev team members, writers and a social media team. They don't all have the same access levels and they can only see what they are permitted to access. (everyone can see public areas) If they are not logged into the site, they see nothing. Just the login box and any news or article I post on that page.

The admin always has full access & rights. (front and back end)

For the files and images: Groupjive has that built into the group features. CB also has that for the users profile (if you enable it) so they can share beyond their groups as well

CB can do what you want & a lot more.

good luck and hope this helped,

Satchi

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #266843 by pevrard
Replied by pevrard on topic CB Conditional Information Request
Hello Satchi,
Thanks for your swift reply.
May be i did not understood the details of your message.
Let's go into more details on my requirements

Registered users have 4 tabs : Contact Info (contain public information), Private details, Administrative information, Hidden Tab

If i'm logged with my login, i can :
view/modify the Contact infos Tab fields from my own record
view/modify the Private details Tab fields from my own record
view the Administrative information Tab fields from my own record
have no access (Tab is even not visible) to Hidden Tab fields from my own record

view only the Contact infos Tab fields from another member record
have no access (Tab is even not visible) for Private details Tab fields from another member record
have no access (Tab is even not visible) for Administrative information Tab fields from another member record
have no access (Tab is even not visible) for Hidden Tab fields from another member record

if i'm log as manager, i can modify all fields for all members and see all tabs.

May be this is clearer with this explanation.
Added two screenshot for better understanding
= On "My Record" = i expect not to be able to modify the Administrative Tab, and even not see the Hidden Tab
= On "Another Member" = i expect not to see any tab out of the Contact Info one.

Thanks
Best Regards
Patrick.
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #266844 by Satchi
Replied by Satchi on topic CB Conditional Information Request
Hi again Patrick,

Just to be clear: I don't work for Joomlapolis or CB. I am a user, like yourself.

We can give access rights to groups, tabs, fields, plug ins.

I think for something as detailed as your request above, you should wait for an official response.

They do not work weekends normally, so be patient. :)

In the meantime, if I were you, I would read up a bit on Joomla and access rights in general. A lot of what you are saying can be handled several different ways, including at a Joomla ACL level.

I did a quick search and found the following tutorial:

docs.joomla.org/J3.1:Access_Control_List_Tutorial

warm regards for a nice weekend,

Satchi

8 years 9 months ago #266853 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Conditional Information Request
@Satchi - thanks for helping out ;-)

pevrard wrote: Dear Community Builder Team,

First i would like to thank you for the great job done with the components you provide.
I had the chance to try the basic free CB package, but currently blocked with some limitation, that from my understanding could be sorted out by the "CB Conditional" addon.

Thanks for your nice comments!
I wull try and help with any clarifications needed.

Here below the context :
I'm not an IT expert, but a scuba diver, member of a diving club for leisure purpose. Our club is not professional at all, but we still aim to have a place to exchange about the members, diving adventures, pictures, files .. My problem seats on the Members Rights/Information Visibility Management.
My wish is that :
- when member is not log in, nothing is visible
- when member is log in : he can see all tabs about himself, modify some fields, but solely read only some others about himself (that would be modify by the club administrator). He can also see "public" information from others members.
- when club administrator is logged in : he can see, modify all fields for all members.

There are several steps you can take.

1. You can mark that profiles are not Public. You can for example set the to be visible only be Registered ACL levels (or any Joomla ACL level you have created).
This is configured in the CB Configuration -> Profile tab.

2. If you want your CB Moderators to be able to edit user profiles from frontend you need to set this up both at the ACL level and the CB Configuration -> Moderation tab parameters:

Moderators View Access Level
Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles

3. With the CB Privacy plugin you can configure tabs or fields to be viewable only to profile owner and moderator. However a CB field that is readonly cannot be modified in frontend (even by moderator) - it must be modified in backend area.

Looking into tutorial makes me think i can achieve this with the "CB Conditional".
Before applying into the "Professionnal" or buying the addon, i would like to confirm i'll be able to achieve my objective with it.
Can you please confirm my understanding and confirm feasibility ?

I do not think CB Conditional will help you here.
CB Privacy is what you need.
Both are part of the Professional membership.

CB Privacy tutorials are also available:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PyiMVKzL-3WKX9Z1iNIyah

Thanks in advance for your swift response,
Best Regards
Patrick.

PS : sorry for any mistake in english writing in advance, this is not my mother tong.. doing my best.

Hope my reply helped you - your English is very good ;-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.901 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn