CBSubs 4.0 without upgrading Community Builder?

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #285467 by beat
CB 1.9.1 is not maintained anymore and we do not make security statements on unmaintained releases.

There has been no security-release since then, but given that CB 2.0 is a new code base, it doesn't tell anything for CB 1.9.1.

I don't recall any known high- or medium-level security issue in CB 1.9.1 at the present time, but that statement is only valid at the present minute.

The upgrade from CB 1.9.1 to CB 2.0 is straight forward (unless you changed (aka hacked) the CB code), and CBSubs 3.latest is compatible with CB 2.0. And it is a recommended upgrade all cases, including when only using CB, because of many reasons, one being that you can react quicker in case of a critical release, another one being that you get mobile layouts (mobiles are over half of surfing nowadays), and many more.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
3 years 7 months ago #285471 by jimstrong
Thanks again! That will definitely help in our discussions

Jim
3 years 7 months ago #285481 by krileon
Please keep in mind CB 1.x to CB 2.x is a migration. With that comes all the headaches of a migration. Please be sure if you decide to migrate to do so on a clone of your site to know what to expect.

I recommend disabling anything that integrations with CB (K2, Kunena, etc..) and any CB Joomla extensions (admin nav, CBSubs bot, etc..) to avoid CB 1.x API loading during install and possible breaking the migration.


Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
3 years 7 months ago #285482 by jimstrong
Thanks Kyle!! Thanks for highlighting that - in addition to the costs for your support and the purchase cost of CBSubs 4.x, the cost of our required work effort to migrate to CB 2.x and CBSubs 4.x will clearly form a large part in the customer's decision-making process.

Jim
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.470 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn