Joomla plugins vs. Community Builder Plugins

7 years 6 months ago #286866 by quasiman
Hi,
I wrote a plugin for Joomla authentication and profile integration with an external API, and I'm now looking at (coming back to) Community Builder for similar functions. I'm trying to find the API documentation, but it's not in the downloads area. Is access to the API documentation a paid service?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #286898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla plugins vs. Community Builder Plugins
We don't have any API documentation beyond the various tutorials below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials

What specifically are you wanting to do?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #286903 by quasiman
Replied by quasiman on topic Joomla plugins vs. Community Builder Plugins
Thanks Kyle,

Basically I just want to get user data from the API at login, and post to the API when changed in CB.

7 years 6 months ago #286907 by krileon
Easiest way to do that is just use CB Auto Actions then act on the after login trigger with a Request action to send your HTTP request. It supports substitutions so you'd simply use substitutions for whatever information you need. CB Auto Actions for a lot of cases will eliminate your need to code anything. Try it out on our demo site below (backend and frontend access is provided).

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #286911 by quasiman
Replied by quasiman on topic Joomla plugins vs. Community Builder Plugins
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not looking for a pre-built solution.

If I can still use the Joomla methods of onUserAuthenticate, and onUserAfterSave, that's fine with me. I'm just not sure if the Community Builder user process is still using those.

7 years 6 months ago #286944 by krileon
Yes, you can still use those with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn