New Educational Portal

7 years 1 month ago #291261 by vuipeng
New Educational Portal was created by vuipeng
Hi there, I am currently in the midst of creating a site which I am keen to incorporate Community Builder to administrer the following functions:
1. There would be 3 types of membership plans, eg Level 1, 2 and 3.
2. Restricted areas accessible only to members. Is there a way to control the contents available only the respective membership level? Eg, if a user signs up for Level 1 membership, therefore only level 1 contents will be made available? Does CB allow this to be implemented?
3. Members' personal area where they can upload files (PDF, DOC, JPEG) to share with the administrator. These would only be accessible only when they login. Would administrators be able to upload files to this member's page directly?
4. Can the CB system allow a member to make an adhoc payment to access additional content to the site? eg, if a Level 1 member buys a "super" pass, will the system be able to reflect the "super" status?

I look forward to your reply and hopefully I can start implementing the various CB modules to the educational portal we are building.

Many thanks.
Regars
Julian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291273 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New Educational Portal

1. There would be 3 types of membership plans, eg Level 1, 2 and 3.
2. Restricted areas accessible only to members. Is there a way to control the contents available only the respective membership level? Eg, if a user signs up for Level 1 membership, therefore only level 1 contents will be made available? Does CB allow this to be implemented?

Both can be done using CBSubs.

3. Members' personal area where they can upload files (PDF, DOC, JPEG) to share with the administrator. These would only be accessible only when they login. Would administrators be able to upload files to this member's page directly?

That can be done with CB Gallery and yes CB Moderators can upload to users profiles.

4. Can the CB system allow a member to make an adhoc payment to access additional content to the site? eg, if a Level 1 member buys a "super" pass, will the system be able to reflect the "super" status?

Yes, this would just be a subscription in CBSubs that gives them access to whatever content you're wanting. If it's a one-off purchase instead of timed you'd use a lifetime subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn