request before buying CB auto actions

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296772 by yades4
Hi

I use joomla groups settings in Event Booking (component for ticket selling) because I want visitors who fill in EB registering form have only "registered" status in joomla and visitors who have paid members card fill in CB registering form and have only "Adherent" status in joomla. Now registering with CB give only "adherent" status, so it's OK but registering with EB give both status "registered" AND "adherent", so I have to delete manually "adherent" status in this case. . EB and CB fields are mapped in order to "Adherent" have their data populate in EB form.
Is CB auto actions give me a solution to have different status according to registering module

With CB registering, the workflow approval is email confirmation and approval by moderator. As EB is linked with CB, I have the same workflow approval but I wouldn't like approval by moderator only for EB registering.

I read tutorial about CB auto actions and example are close to my issues.

Could you confirm CB auto actions is the solution?

Yannick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #296790 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic request before buying CB auto actions
CB Auto Actions acts on CB triggers. Event Booking doesn't fire any CB triggers so it can not do anything on EB registrations. CB Auto Actions 7.0.0 will be able to act on Joomla events once released (should be out sometime this week) and at that point it maybe able to act on EB registrations if they fire a Joomla event.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #296802 by yades4
Replied by yades4 on topic request before buying CB auto actions
Hi

What do you mean by CB triggers?

This is what's happen in database. I added radio field in EB and CB forms : Are you member? yes or no (field cb_adherent in comprofiler)

Wthether a register use CB form or EB form , There will be a new line in the table comprofiler
if the field cb_adherent is to "yes", CB auto actions do nothing
If the field cb_adherent is to "no" for user_id =xxx
do : delete in usergroup_map for user_id=xxx the line with group_id=13
do : update in comprofiler : approved from to 1
do : update in users : id=xxx block from 1 to 0

6 years 6 months ago #296804 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic request before buying CB auto actions
Ok, so they're registering entirely through CB. Then yes what you're wanting is doable. You'd use a Usergroup action acting on the after user registration trigger and/or user update trigger, condition your field, and adjust their usergroups as needed. You can test this exact usecase on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Adjusting approval and block state is doable, but a bit trickier and you'll probably need to use a Code action or Query action to use PHP or SQL to adjust those values directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn