Multi step application or save and continue

6 years 6 months ago #297655 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multi step application or save and continue
Thank you for your help. The things I need are mostly not in the free version so I appreciate your answers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298129 by Spiralmind
Just one last quick question while I wait for my funds to buy the pro version. I will need to have 2 levels of members. These are not amounts but the things required of them in the application.

So can these 2 things be accomplished with the pro version?

1. Frontend public designation of a premium member. We are doing a nonprofit bird website where they are able to become a "high flyer" member if they can do certain things. It doesn't cost any more but is a reward of sorts for them.

2. Is it possible to set the application portion to have a second level so if they fill in the required info to be a high flyer we get alerted? This would be on top of the other alerts we get as they progress. All of the steps have to be approved by the admin once completed.

I look foward to digging in to this and learning how to use it.

Thanks

6 years 6 months ago #298135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi step application or save and continue
You could use CB Conditional to show/hide additional fields based of for example a profile type field where they select if they're high flyer or not. You could then use CB Auto Actions to send an email if that field is set to high flyer to notify you. I guess an alternative is to use CBSubs and that be a CBSubs plan, but CBSubs is not included in a Professional subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298136 by Spiralmind
Oh, yes if there are conditional fields then we should be all set.

What about a frontend designation of "High Flyer" to designate these members as say featured or premium? I can use language overrides to change the wording if needed. Just want to know if there is a way to do that somehow.

6 years 6 months ago #298139 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multi step application or save and continue
Anywhere that supports substitutions you can use IF substitutions to condition their profile type to add such a designation. So CB Content Module for adding it to modules or like us using the profile value layout for the formatname field to add the team member icon next to our name. You could also use a Custom HTML field and just condition it using CB Conditional to display such a designation on their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298140 by Spiralmind
I believe they are looking for a way to separate them in the list view. Here's the archaic site we are updating. www.birdcitywisconsin.org/Applications/Index.htm They have them laid out with the High Flyers on top. Is something like this possible?

So in your grid type layout could it be split into 2 sections?
demo.cbdemosites.com/community-builder/user-lists/grid-layout

Or perhaps another method I am not aware of.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn