CB privacy - simplify frontend options?

6 years 2 months ago #301016 by CherryRed
CB privacy - simplify frontend options? was created by CherryRed
I'm considering purchasing CB privacy, and have watched the 2 video tutorials carefully.
I am confident about using CB privacy to gives users the option to delete their account.

I have a question about using CB privacy to give users control over individual fields that are displayed in their contact info tab.
Is it possible to simplify the options within the dropdown box, that are shown frontend to a user editing the privacy options for that field?
I would like the user to only see two options: 'private' or 'visible to other members'
(See CB privacy tut part 1 at 7.19 minutes.)

Furthermore, if it is possible to achieve this, I would like to know
1) how complicated it would be to implement. (I am confident following video tutorials, not confident I have to start adding code somewhere)
2) would the change persist each time CB is upgraded to latest versions, or would I need to re-implement the changes?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301017 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB privacy - simplify frontend options?

Is it possible to simplify the options within the dropdown box, that are shown frontend to a user editing the privacy options for that field?

Yes, you can enable and disable any of the privacy options for simple Public, Private, and Connections only if you wanted.

I would like the user to only see two options: 'private' or 'visible to other members'

Yup, that's doable.

1) how complicated it would be to implement. (I am confident following video tutorials, not confident I have to start adding code somewhere)

As simple as toggling some parameters off.

2) would the change persist each time CB is upgraded to latest versions, or would I need to re-implement the changes?

It's a configuration parameter so yes it would persist.

I suggest checking out CB Privacy in action on our demo site. Access for frontend and backend is both provided so you can take a look at what parameters CB Privacy provides.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Check out the below screenshot of the rules parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CherryRed

6 years 2 months ago #301020 by CherryRed
Replied by CherryRed on topic CB privacy - simplify frontend options?
Great, thank you.

(And at last, I've nailed the art of asking a clear question on this support forum....
I'm sure you'd like all of us to have such aspirations!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn