Subscription type = flat rate + $x/transaction

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306896 by lasagnaman
Hi,
Does CBSubs support a subscription model that has a flat monthly fee + $x / transaction?
I know that I may have to feed in data as far as membership id, # transactions. I would like to store the $x/transaction in the subscription model.
Has anyone set this up and how would it be done?
The billing and statement would then show the flat rate on one line and the $x/tran x number of trans on a second line.
Thanks,
Lou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306897 by beat

lasagnaman wrote: Hi,
Does CBSubs support a subscription model that has a flat monthly fee + $x / transaction?
I know that I may have to feed in data as far as membership id, # transactions. I would like to store the $x/transaction in the subscription model.
Has anyone set this up and how would it be done?
The billing and statement would then show the flat rate on one line and the $x/tran x number of trans on a second line.
Thanks,
Lou

Looks like the flat monthly fee could be the plan price, and the variable monthly fee be a negative promotion based on a CB user field value (storing your $x/"transactions" amount). Then if you have your "transactions" stored in another field, you could do the maths for the corresponding $ value using another CB field and using CB auto-actions or a CB code field.

This variable way is not possible with auto-recurring payments, because most gateways don't support variable auto-recurrings.

Does that answer your question ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 8 months ago #306899 by lasagnaman
Replied by lasagnaman on topic Subscription type = flat rate + $x/transaction
Hi Beat, thanks for your response.
I am a little rusty on this, so it will take me a while to understand what you suggested.
In summary though, I guess that I will not be able to bill customers the flat recurring monthly rate + a variable (based on $x/transaction - correct?

It sounds like these would be separate billings and cannot be put on the same invoice / statement.
Let me know if I understand that correctly.
Thanks,
Lou

5 years 8 months ago #306910 by krileon
Correct, you would not be able to dynamically change the price of a recurring billing subscription. Payment gateways typically will not allow you to change the price of a billing agreement like that. However what you're wanting would work fine for single payments where they'd have to renew manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn