Enquiry on features

15 years 1 week ago #95104 by overett1
Replied by overett1 on topic Re:Enquiry on features
nant wrote:

vade27 wrote:

You say there are plans that have a physical end, eg. this year or this month. But is it possible to specify an arbitrary date? The subscription period to our website is from 1 June to 31 May, so all subscriptions must expire on 31 May, regardless of when the user signs up.

Is this possible?

Currently it is not possible to set an exact physical date.

Although there is a workaround that I have been using until this feature gets added, although it may not cope with complicated set-ups where users might have a combination of plans:

"If you want a sub plan that ends on a fixed date, using this SQL statement as an 'activation' in the SQL plugin does the trick for us, although our site shouldn't have issues with multiple plans. Just replace * with the relevant id of the plan, and insert appropriate expiry date.

UPDATE jos_cpay_subscriptions SET expiry_date = '2009-01-01 00:00:00' WHERE user_id = '[user_id]' AND plan_id = '*'

You'll also want to make clear in the plan description what customer's getting as it will conflict with the official period stated."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95106 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Enquiry on features
Yup - very nice use of SQL action integration plugin.

Damn - too powerful .. missed it.

thx for posting solution.

15 years 1 week ago #95129 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Enquiry on features
Very nice and simple trick without hacking thanks to the SQL actions plugin indeed. B)

overett1 wrote:
You'll also want to make clear in the plan description what customer's getting as it will conflict with the official period stated."[/quote]

Actually, with CBSubs 1.0 Stable, you can override the automatically outputed "price for period" representation of the plan from [AUTOMATIC] to whatever you want. So you do not need to do that in the description of plan anymore, and do not have anymore contradictory information. :)

So, reply is yes, it can be done :)

(i love such replies :D )

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #95143 by overett1
Replied by overett1 on topic Re:Enquiry on features
beat wrote:

Actually, with CBSubs 1.0 Stable, you can override the automatically outputed "price for period" representation of the plan from [AUTOMATIC] to whatever you want. So you do not need to do that in the description of plan anymore, and do not have anymore contradictory information. :)

That's neat - hope we can still persuade you to put it in a future version as a 'proper' option ;)

Post edited by: overett1, at: 2009/04/15 23:59

15 years 1 week ago #95320 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Enquiry on features
overett1 wrote:

beat wrote:

That's neat - hope we can still persuade you to put it in a future version as a 'proper' option ;)

Post edited by: overett1, at: 2009/04/15 23:59

it's on the list ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #95333 by vade27
Replied by vade27 on topic Re:Enquiry on features
fantastic. sounds like just what we need. will get down to it when we have finished sorting out the rest of the site.

cheers :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn