Lifetime Maintenance

14 years 11 months ago #94991 by ndee
Lifetime Maintenance was created by ndee
Hi,

just to clarify.

If I want a Beginner Package (up to 5000 users) and lifetime maintenance:

145 EUR + 145 EUR = 290 EUR

if my community grows I need Intermediate (up to 15000 users) and lifetime maintenance:

195 EUR + 195 EUR = 390 EUR
- (previous purchase) 290 EUR
= payment for upgrade 100 EUR

... and so on for upgrades.

Correct?

Btw. imho a very fair pricing scheme.

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Lifetime Maintenance
www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/62/78/

"To upgrade to higher license you need to pay the initial difference (e.g., Starter to Beginner upgrade is 145 - 95 = 50 €)"

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95019 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Lifetime Maintenance
Hi krileon, and what about the lifetime maintenance? That's why I asked ;)

###################
###################

14 years 11 months ago #95033 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Lifetime Maintenance
ndee,

Thanks for the compliments (and also for the help before release in testing) B) , and yes, you're correct, you pay only the difference, all options taken in account. :)

The automatic license upgrader calculates your upgrade price based on the exact difference between the price of what you have purchased and the new price if you would be purchasing. No fees, no offsets, no hidden costs. And a clear overview of your installed base.

It's ajax-based, so you can just go to your profile, click the button, and see in drop-downs the difference of cost for that particular item, then select the new item, and it will automatically re-compute the other costs, and display you the total if you would purchase the upgrade. You can then simply press the cancel button. No risk.

E.g. you could purchase a "1 site, 500 users, 1 year starter package", then upgrade it to "2 sites, 1500 users, lifetime maintenance". It will handle that fine.

Or you can just extend your 1 year maintenance to 2 years, or lifetime (the starting date of that license will stay, so it's a maintenance extension).

You can also have multiple licenses withe different options at same time. No limits, except maximum 10 sites each for now. :D

If you need more than 10 sites under the same license, contact me using website contact form :D

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #95042 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Lifetime Maintenance
omg :woohoo:

Thanks I think a very nice and fair pricing model. Others should take that as example. But ok, CBSubs was just released and they need some time to install it (because there was no such flexible solution yet) :D

Thanks!

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2009/04/15 16:07

###################
###################

14 years 11 months ago #95531 by coachellen
Replied by coachellen on topic Re:Lifetime Maintenance
beat wrote:

E.g. you could purchase a "1 site, 500 users, 1 year starter package", then upgrade it to "2 sites, 1500 users, lifetime maintenance". It will handle that fine.

A couple more questions/clarifications:

1) If I understand this correctly, I can purchase 1 site, 500 users, 1 year starter package, no extra maintenance. Then if I decide I want lifetime maintenance, I can upgrade to that at any time for another 95 Euros?

2) If I purchase a starter license for 2 sites (500 user license), is the user count based on the total users for those 2 sites or is it 500 per site? Ie, if one site has 100 users and the other 900, I assume I need to buy 1 starter license for the small site and 1 beginner license for the bigger site?

3) Do we get a single license key that's used across all the sites if we purchase for multiple sites, or are they separate keys?

Thanks,
Ellen

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn